Box blade

1kubota

Hi Everyone,
I purchased a box blade about two weeks ago. Figured I would try it in the snow. Snow was only 3" deep. I pulled the box blade foreward on about a 40' concrete drive, worked really well. Pulled out to the end then pushed out with the FEL. Yep I removed the teeth from the blade. Purcased it from a site called www.thesmartfarmer.com . Not the best quality but not bad either. Gave $459. including shipping to my house. Sent picture. Tried to send video but no luck.

Larry
Northern,In.

Attachments

• resized_Orange tractor with box blade.jpg
    resized_Orange tractor with box blade.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 148

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea. I have a 400' er so drive but 350 it is gravel. I have to pull or push my regular blade backwards so that it does not pull gravel along with the snow. Box blade would be good as you never have to turn the blade around since you have one on both sides. :thumb:
Good pic!

1kubota

I was going to buy a regular scraper blade but thought I could do more with a box blade. Been thinking about welding brackets on the back side to replace my FEL bucket that way I would be able to push it instead of pull and have better control with the hydraulics and be able to dump too. Really don't know if it would work better than the FEL bucket.
Larry
Northern,In.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know if I'd put a box blade on the FEL.

What's the weight of the box blade? What can your FEL lift?

I also try to be very careful when backing up with the box blade on the 3PH and lowered. If it snags (stops), something gives out very quickly. Unfortunately, it's normally not the box blade nor your traction. Something in-between has a tendency to bend or break.

1kubota

Box blade only weighs 250 lbs. I haven't backed up with the box blade down and wasn't planning too. The box blade on the fel is still on the back burner. Plowed snow this morning with the fel.

Larry
Northern,In.