Springtime in Georgia.....FINALLY

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For the first time today, the geese, flock after flock 30 to 40 in a V formation flying north. High picking up the stratus wind and zooming low. All, going fast and seemingly on cruise control on a Zero Degree heading. Fantastic to see and know that this cold is coming to an end and that not only the daffodils blooming; but also the geese are a sure sign of warmer days to come.......God is good.....Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky Lucky Lucky.
Here in Ohio it is 71 today and will e 79 tomorrow. Awesome. But it won't last. It's a tease. Back to the 30's and highs of 40 later in the week. Sure better than below freezing though. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Headed for a high here of 72 tomorrow a high for February. The low was 4 couple of days ago.

In January the low was 1 on the 9th and the high was 68 on the 14th.

Ping pong weather since November.

Picture below was Saturday.

Attachments

• CF039A51-2C38-4C99-9FF7-880338C33A5C.jpg
    CF039A51-2C38-4C99-9FF7-880338C33A5C.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Wood stove went out for the first time since thanksgiving. Checked all my beehives and fed some yesterday while they are limber, I know doc is right but I’ll take a nice day anyday!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's warm here in Mississippi too. I am sure grateful for it. Not enough time to do all that needs doing before the wet starts back. Ha , I guess I better get off the 'puter and start fence fixing. Those bulls are wanting out on the green stuff.

ovrszd

Ice storm here today, 27F degrees and rainy.

Have saw several flocks of Snows for the last week. Hundreds if not thousands. I'm in their flight path when they switch from the Mississippi river valley to the Missouri. When they fly over me they are headed to the Squaw Creek Refuge on the Missouri River just south of Omaha. In their prime I'll have hours and hours during the day that I can see several flocks at once. We also have prime feeding grounds for them when they need a snack.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter

Have saw several flocks of Snows for the last week. Hundreds if not thousands. I'm in their flight path when they switch from the Mississippi river valley to the Missouri. When they fly over me they are headed to the Squaw Creek Refuge on the Missouri River just south of Omaha. In their prime I'll have hours and hours during the day that I can see several flocks at once. We also have prime feeding grounds for them when they need a snack.

Me too! and the power is blinking on and off. time to get the MEP 002A fired up

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Crazy weather. 80 here. Took the Pioneer to the Hatfield n McCoy trails in Southern WV. Had a blast. The trails are challenging but fun fun fun. Tired now but will check pics in the morning, if they came out I'll post more about the ride tomorrow.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Clouds clouds clouds but no rain. The forecast says sure, it's gonna pour; but the drought continues and the pastures germinate a bit and then wither. Meanwhile, the daffodils are in FULL explosion, the red buds and dogwoods are getting ready to burst and riding the mules is an everyday get out there and do it............

ovrszd

Coming back from the farm yesterday afternoon I saw a huge flock of Snows in a corn field. Covering at least 10 acres. I didn't try to get close enough to get a good pic. I felt sorry for them and didn't want to alarm them and make them fly away. They had been fighting a stiff NW wind all day and freezing rain all morning. They were exhausted. Another 70 miles and they would have made it to Squaw Creek. They just couldn't do it.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Not rude! When you posted it was nice out, the next day it was 75 degrees with 30mph wind (wind is my water boarding)... now I laugh because it’s windy as crap in the low 40s and raining so hard my sump pumps been running for tree days.
@authuritis currently living in central Ohio but honestly alaska has better weather!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's nice here in MS still. but the storm clouds, as the weather warmed, did look threatening. I took this picture from the RTV,on the way home from cutting out some cows yesterday evening. Not much came of that cloud- that was good because the siren did go off for a flash flood. While I was taking the cloud picture , I looked across the road at the bulls enjoying the spring grass coming up in the field- that will be growing crops in a few weeks. collie

Attachments

• 1519251224247.jpg
    1519251224247.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 39
  • KIMG0024.jpg
    KIMG0024.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 39

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Record high for us yesterday. 84! It’s rained all day today, high of 44. Rain tonight predicted low of 27. Could be fun getting around tomorrow morning. Like I said earlier ping pong weather. I have maple trees budded out. Hope they make it. The oaks are smart. They are waiting till March :mrgreen:

We’ve lived here 22 years. Never seen this shift from winter to summer then back over and over. Maybe it’s the wind changing direction and blowing hot air from DC over us.

Last edited:

ovrszd

Great cloud picture!!!!! That's what we need here, a thread of weather pictures!!!!

We're ice covered today. Have been for 3 or 4 days. Haven't had much sunshine.

Last year I built a bridge in the timber at the farm. Installed it on the 18th of February. Everyone in shorts and T-shirts. Not this year.....

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Record high for us yesterday. 84! It’s rained all day today, high of 44. Rain tonight predicted low of 27. Could be fun getting around tomorrow morning. Like I said earlier ping pong weather. I have maple trees budded out. Hope they make it. The oaks are smart. They are waiting till March :mrgreen:

We’ve lived here 22 years. Never seen this shift from winter to summer then back over and over. Maybe it’s the wind changing direction and blowing hot air from DC over us.

Update! We were fortunate last night. The weather guessers were way off, low was 36.

I HATE ice. :14_6_12: