New New Holland TT45A

jwstewar

Staff member
OK, you guys are starting to get me convinced. :respect:
I would love to have one! Perhaps I need to check on some more prices. I don't think the tractor comes standard with the needed hydraulics so that is one extra cost. I can see mowing smaller areas without worry about the FEL but if I am out mowing CRP with it, bouncing around like I often do, I can't believe it would be very good on it. I would have to take it off. I try to mow at least all of my CRP one time per year. That is about 30 Acres. I could sure use the FEL for all of the reasons you guys have mentioned and will look into it further.
jwstewar, which model do you have? And, by the way, sometimes I am a fishysmelling man! :sorry: Least that is what my wife tells me after I get home from :fishing:

I just have a little TC 24D. It is what NH originally called the Class 1 chassis. About 8' long and only weighs about 1800 lbs naked.

I take my loader off when I'm using the MMM for finish mowing as it bounces around quite a bit as then the rear is light plus it make it easier to get into places. However, I always have it on when I'm using the box blade or the rotary cutter as it serves as a great counter weight and I didn't have to buy the weights for the front then. Also protects the front end a bit from items hidden in the brush you are about to cut.

fishrman

Thanks! Ya, I am a cheap I guess! I couldn't justify having 4 wheel drive either! :pat: :hide:
Thanks for the link but I couldn't get it to work. :unhappy:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Think about it like this for a minute. If 95% of your chores is strictly mowing, keep the loader OFF while doing all that mowing. Put the loader on only when you need it. That is if you have the room to leave it disconnected.

I don't like to mow with mine on. My yard is too lumpy/bumpy. So I remove it each time I mow only because I don't have room to store it otherwise.

I have the baby brother to Jim, mine's a TC18

fishrman

Yep, that worked!! :tiphat:
Don't see the loader but lots of neat toys!
-
Ya, I think if I got a loader I would have to take it on and off as it just wouldn't work so well with as much mowing as I do.
A friend of mine told me he wasn't sure the loader would work that well on my new tractor as he felt it might overload it since it isn't a 4 wheel drive. Told me I would have to counter balance with a blade or something in the back. Probably depends on what you are trying to do with it.

Hello fishrman,

Have you gotten a NH yet? I myself finally broke down last April and bought a TT50A w/FEL. I love it. The extra 4k spent on it was well worth it. With my son grown and moved away I have found all kinds of uses for the FEL.

I tried to re scan over the glow plug discussion, the TT45 - 60's are a little different on how the glow plug works than jwstewar's tractor.

It will be nice to have another TT NH owner on here.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, that worked!! :tiphat:
Don't see the loader but lots of neat toys!
-
Ya, I think if I got a loader I would have to take it on and off as it just wouldn't work so well with as much mowing as I do.
A friend of mine told me he wasn't sure the loader would work that well on my new tractor as he felt it might overload it since it isn't a 4 wheel drive. Told me I would have to counter balance with a blade or something in the back. Probably depends on what you are trying to do with it.

I kinda agree with your friend, depending on how much weight the front axle can handle. See what your dealer has to say on the subject.
Did you notice TAC has a loader with his TT50a and it only cost him 4k. So maybe there is hope.
I can't imagine any tractor made now days that could not handle a loader.

fishrman

Hello fishrman,

Have you gotten a NH yet? I myself finally broke down last April and bought a TT50A w/FEL. I love it. The extra 4k spent on it was well worth it. With my son grown and moved away I have found all kinds of uses for the FEL.

I tried to re scan over the glow plug discussion, the TT45 - 60's are a little different on how the glow plug works than jwstewar's tractor.

It will be nice to have another TT NH owner on here.
Nooo, haven't got the delivery made yet for some reason. Had to go to Wisconsin to get it but it has been a couple of weeks since I bought it now! I may have to give him a call.
I have found a loader for 3995.00/ it is an 07 model but never been used. I am thinking about it pretty hard.
Relative to the glow plugs, there is a glow plug??? How does it work?

The glow plugs are activated when you hold the key halfway between ON (run) and START. Just hold it there for about 5 seconds. No glow plug indicator on the dash... Then start it. It should be on page 3-4 of the operator's manual. It doesn't give a length of time, that's just how long I hold mine on.

That's a fair price for a loader.

As for picking up heavy stuff, yes you will need to counter balance with something on the back. A neighbor of mine that lives behind me, has a TT60A. He was the one that kept after me to get a new one. Mostly because I would have to get him to help me out when my old (cough... deere, cough) was broke down. He connects his shredder when he moves round bails with his FEL.

fishrman

The glow plugs are activated when you hold the key halfway between ON (run) and START. Just hold it there for about 5 seconds. No glow plug indicator on the dash... Then start it. It should be on page 3-4 of the operator's manual. It doesn't give a length of time, that's just how long I hold mine on.

That's a fair price for a loader.

As for picking up heavy stuff, yes you will need to counter balance with something on the back. A neighbor of mine that lives behind me, has a TT60A. He was the one that kept after me to get a new one. Mostly because I would have to get him to help me out when my old (cough... deere, cough) was broke down. He connects his shredder when he moves round bails with his FEL.

Thanks, I wonder why they don't have an indicator light. Seems a little strange.

fishrman

Well, finally made the delivery of my new tractor! Not sure why it took so long but I really didn't need it that bad anyway right now. Anyway, it was delivered to a buddy of mine who will help me make a grill guard for it before taking it on out to my farm. Hope to put up a photo of it after we get the guard finished.

fishrman

Can you actually see the plug on yours? I found a couple of wires that are on the rihgt side of the tractor near the front. I wondered if maybe that was the glow plug, I don't know. My dealer doesn't even know if it has one and my buddy that has a twin to mine tells me it doesn't. I am not convinced my buddy knows but I did find in the manual what you are referring to. Thanks! :respect:

I haven't done much under the hood other than checking the oil. It's been so nice to not have to be working on a tractor before using it.

I'll be under it for sure next week while I'm off on spring break. I need to grease it up and get it ready for spring. Plus I didn't think about have them equip it with a rear utility light so I'll be doing that also. I'll find it for both of us.

fishrman

I haven't done much under the hood other than checking the oil. It's been so nice to not have to be working on a tractor before using it.

I'll be under it for sure next week while I'm off on spring break. I need to grease it up and get it ready for spring. Plus I didn't think about have them equip it with a rear utility light so I'll be doing that also. I'll find it for both of us.
I found a light in WalMart the other day that is actually made for an ATV but looks like it would work OK. I didn't buy it but I have my eye on it. Let me know if you find just the right one! :tiphat:

fishrman

Here is a photo of my new TT45A with the grill a buddy of mine made. I have more pics of the grill on another thread. Thanks.
IMG_2124.jpg

This bar that my finger is touching is what I believe is the glow plugs, it has a electrical connection at the back. It runs the length of the motor and has a insulated plug for each cylinder.

DSCN0245A-vi.jpg

fishrman

This bar that my finger is touching is what I believe is the glow plugs, it has a electrical connection at the back. It runs the length of the motor and has a insulated plug for each cylinder.

DSCN0245A-vi.jpg
very helpful!! I will have to take another look at mine now. I remember seeing an electrical connector of some sort that I didn't know what it was but don't remember seeing the long bar. Right now it is locked up in my buds shop and he is gone fishin for a few days. :pat: