Golf Bag Tool Carrier

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's an easy one.

I often need a shovel on the tractor to make irrigation levees around the new trees, but there wasn't any way to carry it. I tried carrying the shovel in a loop made of 12/3 house wiring but that didn't work very well. (Don't ask what happens when you carry tools in the loader bucket or stuck through the loader structure. :eek2:)

Finally I was dropping some stuff off at Goodwill and saw a stack of golfbags for 50 cents to $1. Bingo - that's the answer!

The rear carrier has the shovels, a bowsaw I use all the time in the orchard, a mattox, and a t-handle probe for locating stump roots when I go to dig them up. Also usually my orchard loppers. (pruner).

I added the front bag one day when I needed to carry a cordless hedge trimmer (a big help for getting up close to a wild blackberry jungle for picking berries), and I now keep my chains in it. Aside from the chains, all these tools were a nightmare to carry when I needed them. Problem solved!

Attachments

• P1120099rGolfBagToolCarrier-rear.jpg
    P1120099rGolfBagToolCarrier-rear.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 177
  • P1030633rGolfBagToolCarrier-front.jpg
    P1030633rGolfBagToolCarrier-front.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 209

Mark777

Geeze California....Cool idea.

I've seen some pretty elaborate capped PVC pipe and numerous hose clamp affairs tied onto peoples tractors, but this sure simplifies everything.

(Plus you COULD bring a 9 iron and a few balls to practice chip shots LOL)

Mark