Did you make a cup holder for your tractor, RTV, ATV or off road vehicle?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm looking for cup holder ideas. If you made a cup holder for your tractor and it worked out well please share it here. If you made one that didn't work out so well I'd like to hear about that to, might keep me from making the same mistake.

All ideas / help appreciated.

(typing cupholder here spelled without the space for search engine purposes)

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks okay. That's is much like the suction cup ones I use on the boat. I added one to my cart because the price did not show up ....I just wanted to see how much they were. Still didn't show the price. So I clicked check out and it says you have items in your cart with zero price. You must remove them before you can check out. :bonk: So I still don't know how much they are.

Any other home made offerings out there? I saw one years ago that was made of 3 or 4 inch PVC. Looked sturdy and functional. Anyone have pics of something like that? I can't remember all the key details.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They're about $30.

A google search for "ram-mount cup holder" will give you some shopping places.

Archdean

Works for me.

1. 4" dia. X 4" piece of PVC
2. empty tuna can for bottom
3. right angle bracket
4. zero cost unless you add the spray paint
5. insulated beer can sleave Says Winston on front and also free

CannonA530003Small.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good Dean.

Can I see a close up of it all, in particular how you mounted it?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I use a StukCup. I bought two when they first came out. Since I usually have nothing but water in mine when I'm on the tractor, I don't worry about foamy drinks. There is a magnet in the bottom that makes it stick to any metal surface. It sits right between my legs and sticks to the metal cover over some hydraulic lines between my feet.

I did knock one off the hood with a tree branch, it fell between the MMM and the rear tire. MAN did that thing go POP when the wheel pulled it under. :pat:

I bought several for Christmas gifts the following year and was very disappointed in the magnet. I refused to give them out. The production manager and I exchanged multiple emails for months. It looks like mine was a Generation I magnet and they changed them to another one. It didn't hold well at all. It's my understanding, they have changed them back to the original magnet now.

Archdean

Looks good Dean.

Can I see a close up of it all, in particular how you mounted it?

Sure Doc I tilled the garden today so the FEL was off but these might help!

Attachments

• 20100401_0005.JPG
    20100401_0005.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 20100401_0007.JPG
    20100401_0007.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 381
  • 20100401_0008.JPG
    20100401_0008.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 20100401_0009.JPG
    20100401_0009.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 380

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Dean, I sure was not expecting anything that quick! :eek:

Your garden sure looks good. About ready for another growing season. :thumb:

I'm doing some tilling myself this Saturday. Walk behind tiller though. I simply cannot justify spending the cost of a 3PH tiller for our little garden.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use a StukCup. I bought two when they first came out. Since I usually have nothing but water in mine when I'm on the tractor, I don't worry about foamy drinks. There is a magnet in the bottom that makes it stick to any metal surface. It sits right between my legs and sticks to the metal cover over some hydraulic lines between my feet.

I did knock one off the hood with a tree branch, it fell between the MMM and the rear tire. MAN did that thing go POP when the wheel pulled it under. :pat:

I bought several for Christmas gifts the following year and was very disappointed in the magnet. I refused to give them out. The production manager and I exchanged multiple emails for months. It looks like mine was a Generation I magnet and they changed them to another one. It didn't hold well at all. It's my understanding, they have changed them back to the original magnet now.
That sounds good to Jerry. :thumb:

I googled to see what I'd find and one guy used a one pound foldgers plastic coffee can and took the magnet out of a old hard drive he had sitting around, set in the bottom of the coffee can, and was set. he simply put his can or water bottle in a huggy and slipped it down in the coffee can. Heck you could even cut if off if the can was to tall for the huggy. Sounds like a very workable idea.

I used an ABS pipe cap and an aluminum angle. Bolted it through a factory hole in the ROPS.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 375

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I used an ABS pipe cap and an aluminum angle. Bolted it through a factory hole in the ROPS.
Very nice. That looks like it came with the tractor. :tiphat: :thumb:

How did you attach the aluminum angle to the ABS cap?

Very nice. That looks like it came with the tractor. :tiphat: :thumb:

How did you attach the aluminum angle to the ABS cap?

Counter sunk stainless machine screw and lock nut. I also drilled a few holes in the bottom for water to get out. I have a 3 to 4 inch long pipe that fits in the cap to adapt it down for smaller mugs. This holder has worked out very well for me.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you made a cup holder for your tractor ... All ideas / help appreciated.
Staying with my 'keep it simple' style! :) The bottle slides down out of sight. The bag also has my folding pruning saw, flagging tape, etc.

There's a similar bag on the opposite side to stuff my jacket as the day warms up.

At least on this larger tractor with ROPS there are places to attach things. On the little tractor, that blue bag I slung off the side of the hood was the only way I could think of to carry water.

P1590890rHalfGalCupholder.jpg

attachment.php

Redbug

I have always used a 5 gallon bucket-bungee corded to the rops. I usually carry a gallon jug of Gatoraide in the bucket, (it's cheaper to mix it from the powder than buy the already mixed liquid). You need to use 2 bungee cords to keep the bucket from moving around. Note the customized bucket color...

Attachments

• Moving Trap .jpg
    Moving Trap .jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 223

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea with the 5 gallon bucket Dave. :thumb: That could carry all kinds of handy stuff you might need for the day.

Trulefty

Not a cup holder ..but..............

I went to the army surplus store and bought 2 plastic canteens and one insulated canteen pouch. I keep the canteens in the fridge, take one out put it in the pouch hang it anywhere on the tractor. Keeps cool water most all day.