shop project

Erik

finally have something to show on my summer project.
between flattening the building pad and all the storms for the 3 weeks following, what was my high corner now needs 15" of fill to level it back out.
:(

Attachments

• tn_100_1672.JPG
    tn_100_1672.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 366
  • tn_100_1673.JPG
    tn_100_1673.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 364
  • tn_100_1681.JPG
    tn_100_1681.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 349
  • tn_100_1747.JPG
    tn_100_1747.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 357
  • tn_100_1758.JPG
    tn_100_1758.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 357

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looking good Erik. Where is the big door going to be on your pole barn? On the front left maybe?

Erik

actually, 3 overhead doors across the front - 2 at 8x7, one at 9x8 on the right - so it lines up with my current trailer parking area. (will be putting up anopen front shed if I have any $$ left over after this for trailer & implements)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
$$$'s left over. Love the concept but it rarely happens. Good luck with that.

I wish I had done multiple doors instead of one big center door. It works but two or three would have been a better solution.

PBinWA

Thanks for posting these Erik! :thumb:

I have got to get to work and build a shop. When there is time there isn't the money - when there is money there isn't the time. :(

Erik

that's my problem far too often as well!
I'm trying to figure out how to get everything done on this that I can as fast as I can so I can clear out the basement to make room for the wife's little sister and hubby who are moving in with us for a while.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you need to put sisters hubby to work on the pole barn ...or at least make him your helper. :D

Klumpe

Ahem. Seems to me that you need to post up more pics.

My thoughts on the shop: "My god! Will the weather ever let you/us do anything to finish the shop?"

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Erik, I'm so jealous.

That's what I need .... badly. Even my wife agrees but you know how these things go. I had decided last year that I was just going to bite the bullet and do it this spring but you know what happened in the interim. The way things were I just couldn't talk myself into cutting the money loose but ..... it's getting better. So, it's back on the drawing board for next spring. A year late and more than a dollar short but it's going to get done. I just hope things don't turn to sh** in the meantime.

Klumpe

Here's a picture I snapped today to show the progress. As you can see the roof and East wall have tin on them and the back corner was leveled out some since it had become the low spot.

DSCN2744.jpg