Happy 4TH

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
and i pray that we will once again become "one nation under God with Liberty and justice for all":waiting:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Aurthuritis. . This country was founded as "one nation under God". Turning back to His principles and doing our part is the only way it can turn around for America's citizens. "We have to talk the talk and also walk the walk" as my folks used to say. God bless America . collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i am a bit patriotic. i have family that fought and didn't die in the french and Indian war and fought but didn't die in the frontier skirmishes taken prisoner and sold as slaves to the French in Canada then on to fight but not die in the Revolutionary war. same had family fight but not die in the civil war WWII,Korea,Vietnam,Iraq and Afghanistan. all served and suffered for the rest of their lives so the yungins can throw God and Country away. soap box!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't remember if I posted about my Uncle passing at 96 in June. He was a WWII veteran and shook his head in sadness at the state of our country till the day he passed. At his funeral, the honor guard performed taps and did the flag presentation with full dress and white gloves. Quiet tears flowed at the pride and gracefulness of those two soldiers presenting the flag to my aunt. There are still some good men - God bless them .. but we are running out of them quickly because such ethics are harder to find as each day passes.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I don't remember if I posted about my Uncle passing at 96 in June. He was a WWII veteran and shook his head in sadness at the state of our country till the day he passed. At his funeral, the honor guard performed taps and did the flag presentation with full dress and white gloves. Quiet tears flowed at the pride and gracefulness of those two soldiers presenting the flag to my aunt. There are still some good men - God bless them .. but we are running out of them quickly because such ethics are harder to find as each day passes.

very sorry for your loss. the greatest generation are few now.:agree::agree:

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
While the 4Th of July represents the birthday of our great Republic, at our house we proudly fly the red, white and blue every day.