Once you try it you will want one!

Archdean

A tool you may not see under the tree this year but maybe after you see this recommendation you might just want one for yourself!

I visited my brother's farm this fall to help him install a windmill and needed a bit of grease in the process, said hey Bro where is your grease gun to my surprise he produced this Thing I laughed at first but after you use it once you will want one of your very own (especially if you own a backhoe) needless to say I ordered one on my return home and after 3 months of use I highly recommend it to all that have a need to use a grease gun often! *****

Redbug

That grease gun is handy.

Now tell us more about the windmill! I have always wanted one. How big is his windmill...what do they cost...how deep will they pump from...how hard are used ones to acquire...how did you set it up, crane, or assemble it on the ground and tilt up?
Tell us more!!

Sooner or later, I will get one. I can't think of a better piece of equipment, especially with a drought going on. Also, good place to hang an antenna or two on, or a security camera. You could also have an elevated water tank for water pressure.

Sorry for tripping up your grease gun post...but you should not have mentioned installing a windmill...did you take pics?

Last edited:

shinnlinger

Folks,

I have the LIncoln Pnumatic version of that gun and it does rock when lubing up the excavator. The pnumatic one is about a third the price of the cordless $80 vs $240 so if you have a compressor it might be a more attractive option, especially since you can drive your tractor (unlike a windmill) right to it at lube time.

The positive side is you do keep your rigs greased, the downside is you do use alot of it, but then again a tube or two of grease is cheaper and easier than replacing bearings and fittings.

Dougster

Old Member
A tool you may not see under the tree this year but maybe after you see this recommendation you might just want one for yourself! I visited my brother's farm this fall to help him install a windmill and needed a bit of grease in the process, said hey Bro where is your grease gun to my surprise he produced this Thing I laughed at first but after you use it once you will want one of your very own (especially if you own a backhoe) needless to say I ordered one on my return home and after 3 months of use I highly recommend it to all that have a need to use a grease gun often! *****
Everyone who has one seems to LOVE them! I sure wish they didn't cost so dang much. It's definitely on my "wish list"... but because of the high price, it's not yet on my "must have" list. :(

Dougster

xlr82v2

I'd like to get an air powered version... I don't need the ultra-portability of the electric or want any more battery packs that will go bad in a year or so. I've been getting by with my manual grease guns, but, when you get one of those zerks that you need a 3rd hand to hold everything in place, a powered gun sure would come in handy!

Dougster

Old Member
shinnlinger said:
I have the LIncoln Pnumatic version of that gun and it does rock when lubing up the excavator. The pnumatic one is about a third the price of the cordless $80 vs $240 so if you have a compressor it might be a more attractive option, especially since you can drive your tractor (unlike a windmill) right to it at lube time.
I'd like to get an air powered version... I don't need the ultra-portability of the electric or want any more battery packs that will go bad in a year or so. I've been getting by with my manual grease guns, but, when you get one of those zerks that you need a 3rd hand to hold everything in place, a powered gun sure would come in handy!
That's the problem. :eek: I *do* need that ultra-portability. But I hear you loud and clear on the nuisance of endless incompatible battery packs. Sometimes I think that fully half my electric bill goes into keeping umpteen incompatible battery packs fully charged. :(

Dougster

Archdean

That grease gun is handy.

Now tell us more about the windmill! I have always wanted one. How big is his windmill...what do they cost...how deep will they pump from...how hard are used ones to acquire...how did you set it up, crane, or assemble it on the ground and tilt up?
Tell us more!!

Sooner or later, I will get one. I can't think of a better piece of equipment, especially with a drought going on. Also, good place to hang an antenna or two on, or a security camera. You could also have an elevated water tank for water pressure.

Sorry for tripping up your grease gun post...but you should not have mentioned installing a windmill...did you take pics?

:mrgreen: Hey Redbug even windmills need to be greased now and then ;) the windmill is for Pond aeration and here are some links to help you out// yes it was a good project and a lot of fun for us to do!

Windmill Project

Some of the TOYS we used

Manufactures Photo Show page

PS Doc, if this is out of place please move it!
Thanks,
Dean