09 L2800 losing lifting power

grump507

hi
i have a 2009 L2800 hst with about 200 hours on it. i am losing loader lifting capacity. it seems i can only lift about half the weight i used to. does anyone have any ideas. could it need a new hyd filter and fluid? pump? hopefully not expensive!!!! i really dont have the money to bring to dealer for diag and fix. and i dont want to start doing the wrong things if someone has an answer for where i should start.
thanks in advance to all and any viewers and replies!!!!
bill

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bill,

I'd start with the fluid and filter. Filter clogging = bad performance because of diminished flow. Since you do have an issue, make sure you stick with OEM fluids and filters. Some aftermarket fluids/filters don't meet OEM requirements and even as new can cause problems.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd what BC suggested. Fluid and filter would be the cheap fix and a good place to start. At 200 hours you might be near the recommended change time for the fluid anyway. Kubota's Super UDT is highly recommended, but it is rather expensive.

RetiredLE

hi
i have a 2009 L2800 hst with about 200 hours on it. i am losing loader lifting capacity. it seems i can only lift about half the weight i used to. does anyone have any ideas. could it need a new hyd filter and fluid? pump? hopefully not expensive!!!! i really dont have the money to bring to dealer for diag and fix. and i dont want to start doing the wrong things if someone has an answer for where i should start.
thanks in advance to all and any viewers and replies!!!!
bill

Any update on this? I am thinking about purchasing a new L3800 HST.