Tiller for BX2350

docspencer

I'm looking into buying a tiller attachment for my 2350. Looks like new ones run about $1300-$1600. I'm going to talk to my local Kubota dealer about a new Land Pride. Maybe check out my local Tractor Supply for their brand.

Any advice? Is there a market for used ones? are they worth it?

Thanks for any help.....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm in the market also. Have been for a year or more. The tillers are just so darn expensive.
I thought there would be a market for used ones but I have not found one to fit my L3010. A 60" would be fine for me, but noone is selling a used one and new ones seem pricey. So I'm still shopping, looking for that good deal.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
You might consider a used gray market tiller , Like an Iseki brand . Check your local equipment dealer & see if they have any . A good used one with good tines runs between 100 to 200 bucks a foot or less depending on condition .

There very heavy duty gear or chain driven gear boxes & most parts are available now if you need them . Most Gray market tractors imported from overseas come with the tillers so they are fairlly available . I sold 7 of them for between 3 to 500 bucks a couple of years ago they were all a little less then 5 foot wide . Worth checking into . :tiphat:

Heres an old picture showing some of the ones I had , I doubt if you can make them out very good though .

Attachments

• P8130039.JPG
    P8130039.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Blew your image up and adjusted contrast to show the tines a little better Cowboy.

Attachments

• CowboysTillers2.JPG
    CowboysTillers2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 84

Archdean

Something for you guys to keep in mind with small tractors is the weight of the tiller for instance my 50" landpride weighs 383 lb's and my Kubota B 7510 handles it well with or without the FEL on however I first tried a 4' Howes (less expensive than landpride) and it weighed a hundred lb's more and it was just too heavy needless to say the front end was extremely light and would come off the ground even with the FEL on!!

EH1140

I have a Kubota L3710 and I got the Howse RTC-70 for it and it does a great job, even on virgin earth. After a couple of passes the soil is ready to hill and plant.

docspencer

Thanks for the tips you all. I, too, looked for used ones and it seems people hang onto their until they die (the tiller or the owner, not sure). I am worried about weight as well.

I did talk to my local Kubota dealer and he'll sell me a Land Pride TRT 0550 for $1800. Ouch. I found a County Line 4' from Tractor Supply for around $1300, but I'm not sure it's well built. Guess I need to find some reviews.

again, thanks!

Archdean

Thanks for the tips you all. I, too, looked for used ones and it seems people hang onto their until they die (the tiller or the owner, not sure). I am worried about weight as well.

I did talk to my local Kubota dealer and he'll sell me a Land Pride TRT 0550 for $1800. Ouch. I found a County Line 4' from Tractor Supply for around $1300, but I'm not sure it's well built. Guess I need to find some reviews.

again, thanks!

Question: How much tilling are you planning to do IE. plot size and how often?

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Check out who actually manufactured the County Line tiller (County Line is TSC's brand). I understand that TSC gets their tillers from King Kutter; if so, most of the reviews I've seen over the years consider them to be a really good tiller, despite paint flaws and some sloppy looking welds. Many folks consider them to be almost bullet proof.

Good luck

Fred

docspencer

Archdean - we plan on a variety of uses for the tiller. First, we have the ground around the house to prep for grass seed. Then, there are places where trucks and other heavy equipment has created deep ruts. We need to straighten that up and hopefully plant grass seed there, too. Finially, the fields that comprise the rest of the property is pretty uneven and we hope to even that up, too. I'm guessing we'll be doing that for the next two or three or four seasons.

I will check out the TSC brand. Even if it doesn't last as long as the LP, it will likely last longer than our needs......

docspencer

Oh, one last thing. The dealer recommended a 55" that covers the wheelbase on the 2350. That makes sense, but is it worth the extra money over a 4 footer?

Archdean

Oh, one last thing. The dealer recommended a 55" that covers the wheelbase on the 2350. That makes sense, but is it worth the extra money over a 4 footer?

IMO, NO it's not,just extra weight and more wear and tear on your pto, mine doesn't have a problem and if it did you (at least I can always set the rears inboard) Hope that helps you decide, the weight is more important anyway what does the 48" weigh VS the 55" ?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

It's nice to be able to till behind the tires, there will be no tracks when you finish.

I have a 5' TSC tiller that just covers my footprint. It has an offset adjustment though. If it wasn't as wide as my tires I could shift it to the side and cover the tire track on one side. It looks pretty easy to adjust, I just haven't had to do it.

Jim

docspencer

I've seen the offset mentioned for the TSC tillers and wondered if they worked. I'd really like to save the extra money and get by with a 4 footer or so.

How do I find out how much weight I can support on the back of my 2350? Would that be in my manual?

You all have been a great help on this. Now I only need to talk my wife into buying one of these bad boys!

Thanks!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How do I find out how much weight I can support on the back of my 2350? Would that be in my manual?

The spec sheet for the BX2360 says max weight is 670 pounds. I'm sure your 2350 is similar. It should be in owners manual somewhere.

Jim

Archdean

There is a big difference between lift capacity 24" behind pin and the weight of the implement beyond that point, what you are trying to measure is how much X weight affects the front (function of weight x motum x distance=lift affect on the front end, if you put 670 lbs beyond 24" point your front tires would never reach the ground, remember most of the weight of a back hoe is mounted so most of the weight is inboard of the 24"point and a tiller is ALL outboard . I would call your kubota dealer and ask him the weight of the landpride tiller(NOT the 55" one but the smaller one that your interested in and if the weight of TSC's tiller is about the same go with TSC's and be happy.
I have a King Cutter bush hog heavy duty and it is as good if not better than most
BTW TSC now has a 10% discount if you order it on line and ship it to your store

docspencer

thanks for the specs on weight. I did find it in the manual. I understand what you are saying about the weight and how far beyond 24" it is. I'm seeing abouut 350 lbs on some of the 4, even 5, footers. So, I think I'm okay there.

I'm going to go with a 4' if it can be offset!

again, thanks you all!!!! This is a GREAT forum!