L3400

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jim, is that the Kubota setup or ...?

I'm not sure. It was part of the deal when I traded last year. The valve body is supposed to be stackable, just add another valve instead of replacing the whole thing when you want to add another remote.

I'll ask my dealer the next time I see him.

Jim

Av8r3400

Is it dual outputs (top and tilt) or single?

I'd like the idea of a joystick rather than two levers for a TNT setup.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
With single which do you use it for, top or tilt?

neither :hide:

my back blade has hydraulic offset and the box blade I borrowed before purchasing my own had a hydraulic lift for the scarifier teeth.

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great! Now I'm gonna need 3! :furious:

Here's the hydraulic back blade and the box blade. They are both Monroe. I am not too happy with the back blade, never can seem to get it exactly right. Never had that problem with the woods on my old tractor. When I bought my own box blade I got a Woods with manual scarifier lift even though I hadn't had any trouble with the Monroe BB.

Jim

Attachments

• 16-05-07_1049.jpg
    16-05-07_1049.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 43
  • monroe_bb.jpg
    monroe_bb.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 40

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Whoa!!!!! That is one sweet set up Jim!!!!! :thumb: :tiphat:

I had given up on keeping up with Bob S since he has at least two of everything. I decided that instead of two, my one would be better than either of his :yum:

I'm having trouble convincing my wife that I need a snow trac though. It would be a hay trac instead of a bean trac like Bob's

Jim

Av8r3400

Mine is the '05 L3400DT (gear tranny).

(Here she is on her way home from the dealer.)

Attachments

• L3400.JPG
    L3400.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 40

shinnlinger

mine is the 1985 version of the L3400. It is dang confusing that a L2850 was/is a 34 horse but the L2900 was a 29 horse. WHo thought that one up? It actually worked in my favor though as I bought what I thought was a 28 horse machine at a 28 horse price only to to be surprised the extra ponies. Good going on the shuttle shift . Mine is still working the gears 28 years later and I don't know if a hydrostat would hold up as well.

Oldpath

I bought a brand new Kubota 3400 DT with loader in (07). The first tractor I ever had, and I had a choice between Kubota or New Holland, only because at the time I was working a fair amount of Saturdays, and the John Deere place closes at noon, the Kubota dealer closes at 5:00 pm, time for me to stop in after work. After looking at both New Holland and Kubota, pound for pound dollar for dollar, power vs. cost, and so called reputation by people, I chose Kubota, BUT only after owning and using it for one month, I started to wonder if I made a mistake, because I have some issues with it. One good thing I can say about it, is that the motor does run GOOD. But I do have a list of things I dont like about it, if anyone want the list of issues, I'll right them down which might help you if your buying a tractor for the first time.