barbwire dispenser

some folks were asking for a wire dispenser for a tractor. this is what I came up with for the local feed and seed.
The pipe fairlead should keep the wire pulling toward center so it shouldn't flip off the outside or inside, we will see.
With an easy insert on it would be easy to attach to a pickup.

Attachments

• P1020894.JPG
    P1020894.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 320
  • P1020895.JPG
    P1020895.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 301

Mith

Nice design, cant fault it. I think you are right, the fairlead should keep the wire feeding well.
I wonder whether the barbs will catch on the fairlead pipes, but it looks like you have made a cone on the front of it to help the wire feed in.
Very nice indeed.

I have it flanged out quite a bit, but still you may be right, we will see. Hopefully I will have it out there and will get some feedback.

I was considering that when I did the build and placed them out away from the spool so the angle wouldn't be too bad, just hope it is far enough.

Ok folks. I just got back in from Alaska and while I was gone a fellow took it out for a test spin.

He loved it. Only thing that we thought would inhance it is to put a large washer and a pin on the ends of the pipe to keep the spools from bouncing off when on rough terrain. Other than that it worked great and no problems with wire hangups on the guides or flipping off and wrapping on the pipe.

urednecku

Thanks for the up-date. Many times I could have used one of those, but not near as many as my dear late Dad.

GOOD JOB!!:respect::beer: