ROPS (rollbar) for Yanmar

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
ROPS (Rollover Protective Systems) are currently being made for most of the gray-market Yanmars, and I strongly recommend adding one.

I put one on in 2006. Looking at the instructions I see that Fredericks Equipment (in Hartselle AL, a large gray-market Yanmar importer) contracted an experienced US firm to build them, perhaps the same firm who provided the ROPS for Yanmar-USA's tractors. The systems are certified OSHA compliant.

Dealers showing an online list of supported models include LMTC in Ohio, and Hoye Tractor in Texas.

This is one example of the extensive modern aftermarket parts support for these 30 year old tractors.

Here is the installation manual for YM2000/YM240, the model I have.

A couple of photos of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_6440rROPS-driveway.jpg
    IMG_6440rROPS-driveway.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6422r-ROPS-Label.jpg
    IMG_6422r-ROPS-Label.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
As part of its safety program the Virginia Farm Bureau offers a $150 incentive to Virginia Farm Bureau members who have a factory-built rollover protective structure (ROPS) and seatbelt installed by an authorized dealer on any tractor originally purchased without a ROPS. Maybe the rops from Fredericks can be purchased through this program. Are you sure they are in Al? I thought they were in Hollywood. :poke:

I don't know about FB programs in other states.

Jim

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks, Mark.

Why do I need a ROPS? Well, the first picture is my last orchard row, where the ravine gets too steep to cultivate.

The second picture is a new vinyard over on the other side. They didn't think it was too steep, they terraced it and planted grapes.

He went out to repair a washout in wet weather and it slumped under him. The tractor didn't go over, but I doubt he will forget that moment.
P1120140rYM-atLastRow.jpgView attachment 237

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:eek: I bet he had to change his shorts after that! I've been in scarey mud sliding situations, but never that close to a ravine. I do have a lot of hills though and can imgine the pucker feeling you'd get if that were happening.