3 point blade for TT45A?

fishrman

I have started looking at blades. I have an old one that needs some welding work etc. I just think it is time for a new one. I am thinking 6 foot and am thinking of the heaviest one it can handle. Does anyone have an idea of what I should be looking at? I was warned by a friend not to get one to heavy for my tractor but not really sure how heavy to heavy is. Thanks!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your tractor 3PH has over a ton of lift capability. Weight won't be an issue.

For a box blade, 6' would be a nice size.

For a scraper blade, I would probably look at a 7' (with 6' being the absolute minimum). I don't know the width of your tractor but you'll want to make sure that when the blade is angled, it's still wider than your tires. My tractor is smaller than yours and I use 6' for my box blade (which is really too big for mine) and 6' for my scraper blade (which is the right size).

fishrman

Thanks, I was just thinking that there could be a problem with to much weight on the back. I know it has the lift capability but wondered about having to much weight and it might cause the front end to come up off the ground.

I've picked up large round bails, sometimes they have been wet. No problems.
The only way you would need to worry about the front end coming up is if your mass of weight is extended several feet back from the tractor, like picking something up with a 3 point boom.

fishrman

Understand what you are saying but I was worried a blade would be far enough back that it might be enough to lighten up the front end if it were to heavy.

For you size tractor, I would be looking at this Land Pride rear blade. A 96" blade with or without hydraulics. Depending on if you have any rear remotes or not. If you do have some, then I highly recommend getting the rear blade with some hydraulics. The most common hydraulic to get would be the angle hydraulic. Then it may be a toss up as to if you were to get the offset hydraulic or the tilt hydraulic. Of course it is nicest if you can get all 3, but it seems that 3 rear remotes is not that common, but you could get them. Weight of this blade should not be a factor for your tractor.

Good luck in your search. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 38

fishrman

Is that your blade? I do have 2 hydraulic attachements and that would really be cool but I think it may be more than I want to spend. I am thinking the 84 inch would be about right for me and considering the 72. I have a 72 now but think the extra foot would be about right.

Is that your blade? I do have 2 hydraulic attachements and that would really be cool but I think it may be more than I want to spend. I am thinking the 84 inch would be about right for me and considering the 72. I have a 72 now but think the extra foot would be about right.

Yes that is one of my blades. It is a couple of sizes up from what I am recommending for your use. It is a Land Pride RBT45108, 9' wide blade and weighs in at 1166lbs. How wide is your tractor? I was figuring that it was around 72". Ideally you want the blade to be able to cover your tracks with the blade angled at 45 degrees. I'm not sure that an 84" blade will do that. Yes Land Pride can be on the costly side when you get the upper scale implements, but then all the name brand implements are that way. I have found that when it comes to NEW implements, you normally get what you pay for. The economical implements do not hold up to the bigger heavier tractors. They are borderline for your size tractor in my opinion and the economical implements do not have all the hydraulic options, in fact no other manufacturer has a rear blade that compares item for item to the Land Pride RBT35 series. Either they are smaller and do not have all the LP capabilities or they are larger and actually compare to the LP 40 series blades.

If you can swing it, you will not be sorry that you get the Land Pride 35 series blade, if not and you get something a bit less, you may be fine, just more manual adjusting vs using the hydraulics.

You asked for some info, I responded with some. I hope that it may help, good luck with your decision.

fishrman

Just looked at the manual and it indicates an overall width of 66 inches and rear track width of 56 inches. I think the overall includes the width of the rear fenders but the way they are showing the lines in the book, it looks like the rear track width may only be to the center of each rear tire but don't know why they would call that the rear track width. You would think it would be to the edge of the rear tires. Either way, what do you think would be best? 72 inch or 84? Thanks for your help. :tiphat:

Just looked at the manual and it indicates an overall width of 66 inches and rear track width of 56 inches. I think the overall includes the width of the rear fenders but the way they are showing the lines in the book, it looks like the rear track width may only be to the center of each rear tire but don't know why they would call that the rear track width. You would think it would be to the edge of the rear tires. Either way, what do you think would be best? 72 inch or 84? Thanks for your help. :tiphat:

I believe that you are right when you say that the track is the center of the tires. I agree that you would think that they would give you the outside dimensions, but the don't. So you can probably add another 14-16 inches to that 56". So now your at 70"-72". You need at an absolute minimum of an 84" rear blade. I would still be considering an 8' blade, not much difference in price and it will cover the width of your tractor when it is at a 45..

fishrman

Sorry it took so long but I did buy one. I got a Bush Hog. Thought it was everything I needed and wanted for the right price. Works very well. They also painted it NH blue!
Like this one:
pflink-50.jpg