X900 heater installation

Hello to all. I am planning on putting a soft side cab on our new X900 so we can use it during winter. It gets kinda cold here in Alberta so one of the options I was thinking about was putting in a heater.

I am looking for any advice or experiences that anyone has had, what brand of heater did you use, where is the best place to plumb water lines.

Thanks to all.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have and use a similar heater that's in the cup holder.
I'm in-and-out of the RTV so frequently that I'd find a cab to be annoying. I just have a roof & windshield to keep the elements off.
I just throw on better outerwear when it gets colder.

Thanks for the idea on the mini propane heater. I would never have thought of it. It does seem simpler and a lot less $$$.

I think that is the way to go, along with plug-in seat warmers. As well I saw on Amazon that you can get a heated blanket, so my wife and our dog can wrap up in that. That will work out good.

I will pull in a heavy wire and 30amp fuse to hook it all up, with a 3 prong cigarette lighter and we should be good to go.

Thanks

628pm

Site Supporter
Factory heater

I bought the heater that you can get from Kubota. Around 500.00. You end up with 3 outlets, one in the middle of the dash below and right of key switch and 2 that will blow on the windshield or on you if directed. You also get a shield that blocks the cold air from coming in from the front compartment where the radiator is. You receive instructions on installation. Biggest problem I had was that i kinked a hose which resulted in no hot air. But it works fine now.

dan900

I have a soft cab and use a propane heater, but need a shield under the dash to block the air from the front compartment. I haven't figured out how I want to do that.

ovrszd

I have a soft cab and use a propane heater, but need a shield under the dash to block the air from the front compartment. I haven't figured out how I want to do that.

In my quest for a cab of some sort, that's where I always stop. No use adding a cab until I can control the severe leakage ahead of the seating area....

628pm

Site Supporter
I will take a picture of the shield I got wit the heater, it works pretty good.

Thanks, Bill, I decided to go this way, but when I went to my dealer there was confusion about what kit to order. By chance would you have part numbers for what you bought. Thanks
Glenn

628pm

Site Supporter
They say it is good to stand on your head for blood flow, but truthfully I thought I rotated the file before saving. Print it out and you won’t have to stand on your head to read.

I have the other pages of the instructions if you need them. Hopefully i will scan them the right way this time.