New Kubota next year that runs 50mph ?

ovrszd

Just remember the Ford 9n. My 1941 model is simple and "tough as a boot" as well. It starts every time, pulls hard and truly does everything we ask of it. And if there is a EMP, it will be the only thing around that will start and run.

I don't think proven platforms ever become irrelevant but they certain can fall out of favor.

After 76 years, our old Ford is also crude by today's standards but has stood the test of time. I believe the RTVX platform has a long life ahead of it for a targeted group of consumers.

Just my two cents.

I agree.

When that target is so small there's no profit, it will disappear.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Obviously I am just guessing here but I think there probably is a large demand for a faster unit that is just as heavy duty as what we run now. Some ranchers and farmers have fields that are miles long and wide, miles apart, miles and miles of fence row.
Lets be honest yes my rtv is capable of 25mph but if you throw anything in its face like a hill, or corner, or head wind, heck the AC even 25mph isn't going to happen in a hurry or at all.
I am excited to see what they come out with, even though I am not in the market. I know this is falling on deaf ears but 25mph is not for everyone and Kubota is probably just trying to pick up a larger market share. One more thing, Just because something goes 50mph does not mean you have to drive it that fast all the time!

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
Just saying, I had mine run about 30 MPH down a steep paved road. To me it was a little unstable and top heavy as it weaved back and forth. I'll stick to the 25 MPH or less for my use.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
My 1120 did not feel top heavy but the steering felt at bit imprecise. Another member explained to me about the hydraulic steering and it made perfect sense. So I too am happy with 25 or so between fields.

But I would like to eventually get a UTV that Wife and I could take on these poker runs and trail rides. I wouldn't probably blast along at 50mph but would enjoy the challenge or the terrain and mud.

My Wife just yelled in from the other room - "right tool for the right job". I guess that about sums it up.

ovrszd

I'm against the max speed a lot. Another 15mph would be nice and possibly doable without a complete remodel.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Give me some torque too! 25mph would be OK if the buggy just snapped right to it... but as you know, hill, head wind, AC, all drain the power of the beast.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Give me some torque too! 25mph would be OK if the buggy just snapped right to it... but as you know, hill, head wind, AC, all drain the power of the beast.

Put a turbo on it. I drove a 1100 with turbo and it would burn the tires. I thought about installing one for quite a while and decided not to do it.

OrangeBuggy

Put a turbo on it. I drove a 1100 with turbo and it would burn the tires. I thought about installing one for quite a while and decided not to do it.

I turbocharged mine three years ago and have been real happy with it. No problems or complaints.

vpexp

I would be happy if my 1100 would run 15 MPH uphill. We have quite a few hills on our ranch and 7 mph uphill is just too slow. Heck even 12 mph uphill would do. Don't really need much more than the 20 mph or so it does on flat ground.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I would be happy if my 1100 would run 15 MPH uphill. We have quite a few hills on our ranch and 7 mph uphill is just too slow. Heck even 12 mph uphill would do. Don't really need much more than the 20 mph or so it does on flat ground.

Slap a turbo on it and report back ;-) :17875:

seery

Without a doubt, we will buy the new 50+ Kubota.

Our RTV900 is the workhorse around the farm and is also perfect for multi-hour scenic pleasure rides out on the dirt roads.

We just sold our RZR1000 and will need something that goes faster than the 900. Sometimes we just want to get somewhere...sooner than tomorrow!!!

Rogerwh0

Turbo's really are the answer, and some transmission pressure adjustments. I get a solid 15+ mph going up moderate grades now.

ccmdvl1960

From what heard from a Kubota rep it's more of little sportier type. And has a Subaru gas engine.

Huh. Interesting that they wouldn't use a Kubota gas engine. I've never had one, but my understanding is that they are based on the same block as their diesel counterparts and are/were very reliable.

1HOTDJ

I had a long conversation with Kubota about the speed increase. They informed me that the reason for the 25 miles per hour is due to the fact DOT allows all slow moving vehicle 25 mph and slower to display a "Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle" on the rear of the vehicle and it can be driven on any road except Interstates unless you are contracted to do maintenance work on that interstate. I Plow Snow with mine in the winter, and it makes it very convenient to access many accounts in a particular area. Anything above 25mph and you can receive a fine from the law. God Bless You All, and lets be safe out there. :)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I spoke with the sheriffs department here in (Ohio) and they said if goes under 25mph and you use it for farm use you can drive it on the road legally but with smv sign and obey all traffic laws.
Any faster than that or if it wasn't farm use I would have to take it into the DMV and get it safety inspected and tags title and insurance. Furthermore if I wanted a title on the unit when I bought it (new from the dealer) I would have had to pay sales tax.
That said some of my neighboring farmers have tractors that run 38mph!