What axles will fit RTV 900 2006 year model

banjo

I have broke the yoke off my left rear outboard axle on my 2006 RTV 900. Pulled a log out of the woods that was a little too big I guess. :bonk: Does anyone on here know what year models will fit it? I see that that there are a couple on ebay that are used, that look like they will fit, but would like to have someone that knows to please give me a little insite. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Banjo

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd go to Messicks or other sites that have online parts manuals and look at the parts diagram to get the part #.
http://messicks.com/wiki/kubota/rtv900

From there, it should tell you what model years the part # applies.

If I had to guess, I'd think 2004-2008 or 2009 but that's just a guess.

banjo

That was good advice bczoom. I have ordered form messicks before so I found my password and got the parts diagram for the 2006 and then checked it against the part numbers for the one I was looking at and it was a match, so I pulled the trigger, and should have it by about friday. The thread bordercollie listed is a life saver as well. I remember when I first had u joint trouble and found this site and that thread...I had much the same trouble the first time getting my axle apart as she did. This time it came apart easily, as I put never seize on the splines as everything else that I thought might need it. It will get another dose next weekend when I put it back together again. The joint that got me this time was one that I did not change last time. I know this as it did not have a grease fitting. I will check the joints in the axle I get as see if they have any slack....if they do I will order some u joints for them. Once again thanks for your assistance. Banjo

banjo

Just to answer the question that I raised....it seems that 2004 - early 2011 axles will fit on a 2006. The only part difference was the hub that the wheel bolts on on some of them had a different part number. Take bczooms advice and check out the drawing for your year model against what you are looking at, if you find yourself in this predicament. I am making myself a promise to jack the RTV up and give every thing a check every 100 hours. That should save me a lot of money as I dont plan on trading this thing off any time soon. Banjo

banjo

Got it put back together Saturday afternoon. Let it sit until Sunday afternoon to let the silicone get set, then put the fluid back in....I had just enough. Brought a log out of the woods today with my logging arch. Nice to be using the machine again. Was going to post a picture but it didn't work out. Banjo

kubotasara

Glad you were able to get it to work, Banjo. A lot of times if you ask the guys at aftermarket parts shops online - like Messicks or AmericanCVStore they'll be able to give you a good idea of what would and wouldn't work. :)