it's coming !!!!!

mitchm1

heard that there is a shipment of RTVX heading west out east coast facility
my dealer said the tracking numbers were down Friday and would let me know Tuesday (to Kansas) when it would be.

my 1140 was loaded June 25 out of Texas and never made it

needing to know what oil everyone is using ?
have a factory roof and would like to have a gun rack overhead ?
first round of filters will be on them for screwing around this long then crossing over to Wix

thinking 50 hour break-in will be more like 40 hours ? what do you think?

1 gallon of bota hydro oil to top off at filter change

any input would be appreciated !
getting a little wound up and a few brews
Mitch

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard.....Have noted several comments in the last couple of months from guys that are having delivery problems, so don't feel special or picked on.............

Surely NOT to be rude, some guys take it as such; but do a search on topics, like gun racks, or oil to use, etc..........We have an excellent search engine on this sight which will find you lots of good stuff about your topic. For instance, I plugged in "Gun Rack" and there were several good threads. The one from Two Guns is especially good talking about "Big Sky", which I and several other fellas have; but that's just and example of searching.........
You will also find most of the folks that have been around awhile stick with factory filters and the Super whatever it is Hydro fluid 2..........somebody chip in here please!!!
Anyway good to have you here..........God bless...Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I second Dennis in welcoming you to the forum Mitchm1. :) I use factory fluids and filters and have had great results with my high hours of 3400 on this machine so far. (2011 RTV900) Previously I had an 05 and it preformed well also. I love my RTV . :) :) bordercollie

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our RTV Forum. Lots and lots of invaluable information here. And, folks willing and able to assist in any way regarding the RTV's.
I would also recommend staying with OEM filters and fluids. Saving a few bucks on other brands will cost you more down the road in lost performance and possible repair bills. Listen to those voices of experience gained in the University of Hard Knocks.
Otherwise, we will help you spend more money than you thought possible on aftermarket stick stoppers, lights, radios, wenches..opps winches, tires, wheels, windshields,tops, switches, snow blades, gun racks, bed rails, muffler belts and other useless, I mean, useful stuff.

mitchm1

Tried it on break in and no luck along with gun racks so just figure I would read them all
But when your wound up it's hard to concentrate ��

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!! for gun racks get them from Toolman,you can't beat them. for the hydro system use super UDT and Kubota filters. when you first get it don't be surprised if it is a little stiff shifting. don't worry it will loosen up after a couple hundred hours and the top speed will increase a little. for the first fifty hours don't run it full throttle and vary the throttle and gears some during breakin. I Hope You Enjoy

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
As General "Mad Dog" Maddis says..."Empty barrels make the most noise".......

As far as I am concerned, shoot your guns......They are empty. end of subject..........

SEARCH ON NEWBIES..................Or actually anyone who needs A GOOD answer right now. That is what "Search" is for...........God bless.......Dennis

mitchm1

i thought it would be this week

is what my dealer thought .........
with Irma heading that way my dealer said they were loading utv and shipping all weekend
in the same breath mine was to be delivered July1

break in
did the search and worked like my deliverer date .......

to close to hunting season , firewood season , and staying in the shop burning pellets and corn

1 drive it like you stole it
2 drive like it's your baby for 20-40 hours
or do it like the book says?

is what my dealer thought .........
with Irma heading that way my dealer said they were loading utv and shipping all weekend
in the same breath mine was to be delivered July1

break in
did the search and worked like my deliverer date .......

to close to hunting season , firewood season , and staying in the shop burning pellets and corn

1 drive it like you stole it
2 drive like it's your baby for 20-40 hours
or do it like the book says?

1. Drive it like you stole it. I was told about airplane engines that how you operate it for the first 5-10 hrs will be how you should operate it for the rest of its service life. Baby it and you'll always need to do it. Hammer down and run right at the edge of green and she will lay her ears back and run. On all my diesel trucks I get maybe a tank thru them while getting it setup like I want them it's time to start pulling. for reference, ford diesels only have a break in period of 1k miles and it's for the rear end. Nothing to do with the engine

Brett