Found minor defect on 2016 X900

Lee1935

Spent quite a bit of time on dust logging roads in BC this year, hauled the kubota home a few days ago, used the air hose to blow off a summers worth of dust, when I raised the bed, I noticed the transmission dipstick had dust stuck to it "oil" the plastic dipstick was loose, matter of fact it can't be securely tightened down, seems to be 1/2 stripped, only person to touch it was Kubota shop that did a service on it last year. I used a plastic tie to hold it from coming loose. maybe everyone should look at theirs. a plastic dipstick on a 11,000 $ is mickey mouse in my book

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i can't believe they would put a 60,000 dollar pickup on a plastic dipstick. wink

i don't like those plastic plugs on kubota tractors either but the dipstick that worries me the most is the one driving mine

Lee1935

i can't believe they would put a 60,000 dollar pickup on a plastic dipstick. wink

i don't like those plastic plugs on kubota tractors either but the dipstick that worries me the most is the one driving mine

Yup! same goes for the loose nut at the steering wheel☺

Lee1935

Don't get to worked up, $60,000 pickup trucks have the same thing.

How many do you know of coming loose or can not be tightened securely?
I like the kubota but some things make me wonder if they are still mad from losing WW2, such as their sorry example of transmission.

Before anyone gets upset about this comment, I would remind them that the M46 taken (Korean War) had a excellent two speed hydrostatic transmission
as did the Cushman Trackster (1960-1980) :wink:

Lee1935

I have a damn good dealer, a new dipstick is on the way plus they are doing a free transmission service. Seems this is not a uncommon problem if someone over tightens the dipstick where the metal threads cut into the plastic

Lee1935

Took the old dipstick to the dealer today, we both couldn't see anything wrong with it, put the next size thicker O-ring on it and now it locks in place.☺☺