2007 Kubota RTV 900 primer location?

treeeman00

HEy guys, I think I ran to low of fuel and now it wont start up. I think I may have sucked air and lost prime. I took off the fuel line going to the injection pump and blew into it and the fuel had no problem returning. Cracked an injector while cranking the engine and no fuel was squirting. So my question is how do I prime the engine. I looked for a hand primer but could not find one.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
HEy guys, I think I ran to low of fuel and now it wont start up. I think I may have sucked air and lost prime. I took off the fuel line going to the injection pump and blew into it and the fuel had no problem returning. Cracked an injector while cranking the engine and no fuel was squirting. So my question is how do I prime the engine. I looked for a hand primer but could not find one.

And don't know if it has one on these units.
You know when one pulls out of the bottom of the tank, it sucks ALL trash, bad junk up into the filter. So the first thing is to do is, change filter.

treeeman00

thanks. Gonna try changing filter and adding fuel and hopefully she starts. I need to haul some firewood badly!

cov62431

If you still have trouble after you fill up the tank, try cracking loose the fitting where the fuel goes into the injection pump. Best to use 2 people when doing the following, after cracking loose turn the motor over a few times until you see fuel and bubbles then fuel, snug up fitting. With injector lines cracked loose, turn motor over a few more times looking for the same thing fuel, bubbles, fuel. When fuel appears with little or no bubbles snug up injector lines. Turn motor over a few more times she'll pop off shortly after. When it first starts it will run rough until all 3 cylinders get the air out of the fuel supply then it will smooth out. If your in a cold area make sure to heat up the glow plugs! Good luck!

treeeman00

well I feel stupid. I filled my tank up and didnt even mess with the filter. I figured I would give it a try anyways. Cranked for about 7 seconds and she started to pop off then she fired right up and everything was fine! Well something good came out of this as I now know that my fuel gauge is off a little. I wont be making that mistake again...lol..That auto bleed system sure is nice! Thanks for all the replies and help! I appreciate it!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well something good came out of this as I now know that my fuel gauge is off a little. QUOTE]

So you where just out of fuel ? And your gauge was showing that you had some ? Tell us more .....

............... two guns

Attachments

• Hawk Eye.jpg
    Hawk Eye.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 140

treeeman00

yup, I was just out of fuel..lol..This was the first time I had to put fuel in it as I bought the RTV bout 3 months ago. It was showing I had bout 1/4 of a tank so I figured I was good for a litle bit more. Well guess I wasnt..lol..Does anyone else;s fuel gauge do the same?

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
treeman00, every guage/meter has been replaced on my 2011 RTV 900 XT while under warranty. The fuel level and water temp sensors have also been replaced. Long story short, don't fully deppend on the Kubota instrumentation. I'm still troubleshooting the water temperature issue on mine. Thus far, it appears that my temp gauge is faulty.

cov62431

Seen many rtvs run out of fuel and still show 1/4 tank and sometimes more. I believe it's the way the float on the sending unit is mounted in the tank. The tank is L shaped and the float is on the lower portion of the L so it doesn't get a full sweep. This is my opinion though.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you're back up and running treeman!

My fuel gauge quit working about a month ago. I haven't taken the time to diagnosis and fix.

Until it is fixed, I'm going to use my father's approach (as his RTV 500 doesn't have a fuel gauge). Whenever the hour meter gets to an even number of 10's on the meter (e.g. 230, 240, 250 hours), top it off.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Until it is fixed, I'm going to use my father's approach

Great Idea your father has !!!!!

Right after purchasing the RTV. I called the
dealer and ask him about our fuel gauge. Told him that it was stuck on
full. Been running for awhile and it is not moving. Stuck, Stuck, Stuck.

He then ask me how many hours I had on the machine so far. I told him.
( Don't remember now). He then said to pull fuel cap off and look and see
how much fuel was in there. IT WAS STILL FULL.
Felt like a dumb rock.:pat:

That is when I realized that a RTV could run forever on a tank of fuel.

............ two guns

Attachments

• Big Dumb Rock.jpg
    Big Dumb Rock.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 131

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
To prevent condensation in the tank, it's best to fill it every time you use it, so as not to leave room for much air in the tank. The bigger the air volume, the more water vapor can condense as the tank cools off. That condensation will eventually show up as water in the fuel.

treeeman00

Im glad to hear that im not the only one who has run out of fuel..lol...Thats some good stuff about calling the dealer and it was still full...lol...I love kubotas but their customer service sucks. You literally cannot get a hold of them. I had a problem with my kubota tractor and the dealer wouldnt fix it and they wouldnt give out any Kubota serive numbers. Just because of this fact I would think twice about buying a New Kubota.

Mark.Sibole

I dont know if there is a primer but there is a bleeder to nt fuel line system to bleed the air out of the fuel lines.Its just a small pin type bolt that you loosen to bleed the air out.It helps a lot after a fuel filter change or if you do a Markie and run out of fuel by not paying attention.