christmas trees

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
does any of you way up north guys have christmas trees growin around your house? you know like blue spruce and stuff like that? the reason i'm askin is i would like to see if anyone can send me some small little saplings of them . i realy like the smell of them and wanna plant some in my yard. i'm sure you know what kinda trees i'm talkin about. i just cut down almost every pine tree i had because i wanted the oaks to spread out. but that nice pine smell made me want to put in some small trees.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, I would send you some but all of my white pines died of a disease. My blue spruce seedlings didn't grow very high, some idiot mowed them over about a month after he put them in the ground.:hide:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Yes White Pines are commonly sold for Christmas trees. They have very long needles.

Attachments

• WhitePine6ft.jpg
    WhitePine6ft.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 85

jwstewar

Staff member
I've got White Pines and Colorado Blue Spruces, unfortunately, the Blue Spruces are just babies and have started reproducing yet. A couple of my pines had cones on them last year, but they didn't drop off. Hoping I can get them to start reproducing as well. At one point I had 3000 White Pines. Unfortunately, I didn't get them all planted, some died, and that idiot that was at Jerry's house must have been doing some of my mowing as well.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
das what i need some white pines den.i'm gonna check into dat graigs list add does seem to be some nice trees too. never thought to checkout craigslist thanks..

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of trees......What happened to your firewood, clear cut, and log hauling venture.......where is everybody from the old forum hangin out.........????????........Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, Do you not like the old southern cedar?? They grow fast and come up all along fence rows-and most every place else birds "rest". I heard if you soak the seed off the trees in some water to loosen seed coat (This time of year.there are still some in the trees.) they will grow as in nature. We use these for Christmas trees and they make good wind breaks.I see them in seed catalogs already sprouted small ones are fairly reasonable If you have a plant nursery close by check there I know they have them or did when I lived near there , south of Alexandria at Forrest Hill (big time nurseries there if you need a lot). Check with the county agent too. Two Guns must be busy in the Swamps and getting ready for farming. I hope one of those swamp things didn't get 'em ! Bordercollie

Erik

check with your state/county ag extension office - they should be able to sell you a bundle of 25 bare root seedlings for pretty cheap.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Speaking of trees......What happened to your firewood, clear cut, and log hauling venture.......where is everybody from the old forum hangin out.........????????........Dennis

oh man thats a story in itself right dare man. lets see ware i can start. well i had alot of wood well not alot but i say 5 4x8 cords atleast well my kids decided that they was gonna have a bon fire every night dat took up 2 cords den ma dad he said well i better go fill up my rack before dem kids burn up all dat wood so he took a bit less than a cord for dat. so i asked duh kids why not burn duh wood i gave ya'll instead of takin my wood i need to sell? i asked my dada why not instead of takin duh wood why not help me out and fuss dem kids too? well he didn't have an answer for me and my kids kept takin it so i started to move it all to the side my house . when i moved as much as i could i had a really big pile left so i called my buddy and told him if he wants some wood to come over wit his truck and get it for a really good price .well he came over and i filled up his 4/3 ton ford way past over duh cab wit wood infact it was two truck loads of wood i told him give me 100.00 bucks dat finished dat deal.. well afta he left my dad come asked me how much i sold it for and when i told him 100.00 he got pissed and said he would have given me dat for it and just resold it for more???? now dat pissed me off so i asked well you would take it from me knowin i needed dat as a income but you won't help keep duh kids out nor would you give me a good price for... well words was axchanged and he said he ain't helpin me no more and dat i can't go back and get no more from dat guys land so i told him i never asked fo any help from anyone and dat i'll do it all on my own besides wit familly like dis who needs emenies heck my own kin folk is rippin me off. and i did tell him dat next winter i'll have some wood forsasale if he needs it at the regular price. and to tink i gave my kids a whole truck load of logs for dey fire yet day chose to take instead of useing what i gave dem. and my dad he was gettin duh wood free from me yet he chose to come and take it instead of helpin to keep an eye on it so now i have a no fire law in my yard dey light it i go out wit duh water hose and put it out.

if duh kids ever needed more wood den i gave dem day should have just asked me and i would have given dem some more same for my dad all he had to do was help out wit keepin an eye on it and he would have had free wood too yet both chose to take instead of ask so now day are without and i am now back up to about 5 cords of wood 1 for my use and 4 for sale. man dat show was a long story.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Peanut Peanut Peanut yo shore hav an interesting life. Maybee you should write a book. CONAZZ ADVENTURES ... or somthang lik dat.