2015 Dealer Meeting Updates

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes mine are stock IM running the smaller of the 2 all the way around.I believe on the stock the backs are a bit wider on the rears so I went thinner all the way around.

I would run wider in the rear .if you run the same size all the way around you have nothing for the rear tires to really grab onto.i have 26" outlaws on my rhino I run 10" wide in the front and 12"wide in the rear that way my rear tires have something to grab onto rather than just trying to make it through a rut that the front tires just dug out.

ovrszd

I would run wider in the rear .if you run the same size all the way around you have nothing for the rear tires to really grab onto.i have 26" outlaws on my rhino I run 10" wide in the front and 12"wide in the rear that way my rear tires have something to grab onto rather than just trying to make it through a rut that the front tires just dug out.

In the late 60's/early 70's GM thought the same thing. So they built their 4x4 trucks with a wider front print on the front axle. They gave that up

If a different width tire or a different width axle is used the rear tires have to move more mud because they can't simply follow the fronts. So, depending on mud types and situations, that can be an advantage or a handicap.

My RTV has the same tires front/rear, 25/10/12.

My Rhino has 27/9/12 front, 27/11/12 rear.

In regards to the RTV, the bed load is carried almost exclusively by the rear tires. So for weight carrying stability a bigger tire back there might be an advantage. :)

Mark.Sibole

Ive ran it both ways but i do find in my conditions of deep snow the same size tires work better.The wider rears seemed to drag in the snow thats why I went with the same all the way around.Personally id like to go to a tall thin tire if i could as they work much better in the snow.Wide tires are great in the sand but i still prefer thin for sloppy mud and snow.They cut through the mess better.

ovrszd

I agree Mark.

Somewhere online I read that 205/50×15 tires on 7 or 8 inch Jeep wheels (5×4.5" bolt pattern) will fit and create a taller/narrower tire. I've got dozens of different style Jeep wheels laying around. When Winter runs me into the shop I'll do some testing

tlk

I do have the hand throttle. Used in mud today. High gear and slow and worked the throttle. Worked well. Hard to make yourself go slow! Thanks for help

ovrszd

I do have the hand throttle. Used in mud today. High gear and slow and worked the throttle. Worked well. Hard to make yourself go slow! Thanks for help

Next time try wide open hand throttle/engine speed, L or M depending on how much speed you think you need and how hard the mud is pulling, then apply HST with the foot pedal to get the fastest ground speed you can without bogging down the engine. Hard part is to come off the pedal so as to not bog engine. :)

milkman

Next time try wide open hand throttle/engine speed, L or M depending on how much speed you think you need and how hard the mud is pulling, then apply HST with the foot pedal to get the fastest ground speed you can without bogging down the engine. Hard part is to come off the pedal so as to not bog engine. :)

That makes a lot of sense, thinking I'll get the hand throttle for mine.

KubotaYooper

So am I right at guessing the pto attachment fits existing rtv-x1100's as there isn't a new model rtv-x1100 sighting in Kubota's upcoming utility vehicles page.