RTV 900 transmission filter differences

VicB

In using aftermarket filters marked by numbers, rather than colors, I may have criss-crossed my filters(suction to the topside). However, my transmission seems to work just fine. Should I be concerned and switch them. Does it really make any difference?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
They are different on my 2011 RTV 900. You need to be certain they are correct. Check the numbers again before switching to be sure . These are my Kubota filter numbers :
side of transmission HHK70-14070
end of transmission HHK72-14080
maybe check the cross reference again I only use oem kubota filters and sudt2 trans fluid and has never let me down. bordercollie

edit: picture is filter on side of transmission by tire

Attachments

• KIMG0194.jpg
    KIMG0194.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What year????…….Yes, the factory engineers advise to do something, put part numbers on them, use different colors to indicate that there is a difference, and finally, advise in many places what to put where. YOU will find that following those recommendations will make a difference. Factory specs, for me, on these machines are not to be ignored and do make difference. Using OEM parts, especially where the transmission are concerned most often keep these machines off the Craigslist and Ebay sales columns......Good luck....Dennis

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
plain and simple. don't run it again until you know the filters are correct. if one sheds it will trash your transmission.

VicB

transmission filters

Thanks to all. Great advice and support. I'll change them out immediately. My nearest kubota dealer is 60 miles away, so I'll order them off Amazon.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks to all. Great advice and support. I'll change them out immediately. My nearest kubota dealer is 60 miles away, so I'll order them off Amazon.

I missed out on welcoming YOU aboard up above...………..Perhaps you should or could find out about Messicks. They ship exactly what you need. EXACTLY....Call and talk to a parts fella and you will get the correct stuff. The only negative is the freight; but you have that with Amazon also unless you are smart, which I think you are, and have Prime.....God bless...…..Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis is right about Messicks. In the future, if you need anything ,the parts guys there are very polite and helpful. You'll see their banner along the top of the forum page. They are our forum sponsors and also care about getting you fixed up properly. I have a snooty dealer 15 miles from me and a good dealer 60 miles, but order oem parts from Messicks when not going by the "60 mile place" on my way to Arkansas (the old homeplace). bordercollie