carry all bucket forks

shinnlinger

I wanted to share my bucket forks as they work really well and are really simple.

My forks started life as a 3pt hitch carry all that I picked up at a yard sale for 10 bucks. One day I was working on my barn when my dad shows up and wants to borrow the tractor. I am up on the roof when I hear him banging around with something in the bucket and I wonder what the heck he is up to now. Well he pulls around the house and he has my carry all chained into the front bucket. At first I think it is really stupid as it flops around as he tries to move some boards with it, but since I didn't have anything better I worked with it for a bit.

To improve on the idea I welded two pairs of of angle iron that stick out from the top lip of the bucket which sandwich the carry all frame uprights. I then torched a hole in them and the side frames of the carry all . By simple pulling two pins (one on each side) I can quickly secure or remove the whole assembly .

To keep things from flopping around and to prevent the load from putting a strain on the front lip of the bucket, I welded some angle iron stops in the bottom of the bucket that sandwiched the back bottom cross member of the carry all.

Any ways it has worked quite well. Shortly after I rigged up the first one my father decided to fold the carry all in half trying to move a rock or something, but the idea had already been planted so I made another carry all out of some heavy scrap I had laying around and these have held up well to rocks, logs, brush and the like. I even have a platform I slide on it to increase capacity or to work of of up high.

I like mine because they are cheap and easy for someone who doesn't have a quick detach bucket. They also work well because the upright portion of the carry all keeps logs from rolling back over the top of the bucket and onto me or the cowl. Something clamp on forks don't do. Besides clamp forks are expensive and would be more time consuming to install.

As for the 3pt part, I do use them to increase my payload capacity sometimes, but the convience of having it up front in the bucket ussually carries the day.

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 287
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 264
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 268