Implement corral

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I had to move the implements out of the barn to make room for the hay.

Built two 8 foot fences 24 feet apart at the end of the barn and put two twelve foot gates across the opening.

The picture isn't that great. I'll take some more with a real camera instead of the camera in my phone.

Jim

Attachments

• 31-10-07_1721.jpg
    31-10-07_1721.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
B

bczoom

Nice.

So, tell me. Which one of the implements causes the trouble which justifies the gates?
I have mine pretty well trained. I can leave them outside and they won't run away or cause trouble.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It was the rake so I locked it up along with all of its friends :yankchain:

It wasn't the implements, but the horses. They get into everything. I was setting on the porch one day last year just after we brought them here from where they were boarded and saw one of them nose the back blade over. Then the next day one of the mares cut herself on the disk harrow so I moved everything into the barn.

Jim

B

bczoom

Then the next day one of the mares cut herself on the disk harrow so I moved everything into the barn.
I know from experience how much that hurts. A related story if I may.

Years ago (when I was a kid), we were playing a game of kick-the-can. Well, it's dark and I'm running as fast as I can to get away. I circled around the corner of some trees at full speed and forgot.... My dad parked a set of disks there the previous day.

Well, full speed into it I went. First, the leg caught one of the front disks straight on which obviously stopped that leg from proceeding. Therefore, I took a face dive into the rest of the implement.

I was a mess. My screams brought other kids to my assistance who carried me into the house. (Oh, there's a party going on at the house so all the grown-ups were there in the living room). They carry me and I'm completely covered, head-to-foot in blood. At this point, all the moms start screaming (as they literally dropped their drinks to the floor). My Dad grabs me from the kids that carried me in and lays me down on my moms new couch. He proceeds to strip me naked to assess and fix the wounds.

For me, the worst part was being embarrassed being striped naked in front of everyone. I did have a whole bunch of cuts and bruises but nothing life-shattering.

Suffice it to say, the new couch was shot due to blood. The blood and drinks on the carpet came up for the most part.

jbrumberg

I have to spread my attachments around the property so my wife will not realize what my tractoritis has cost :eek:. Jay

Grrrr

I think I need to draw a map to remind me where I have parked some of our implements :D

Some we use so infrequently it is a task to get them out again.

mobilus

Good idea, Jim. I was boarding a few horses for a friend and one of the mares got cut on some junk. I felt bad, but they didn't hold it against me any.

How about putting a lean-to that end of the barn to cover the equipment? The only thing I prefer to keep sheltered is my mowers, especially the finish mower. AND the tractor...can't forget the tractor.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How about putting a lean-to that end of the barn to cover the equipment? The only thing I prefer to keep sheltered is my mowers, especially the finish mower. AND the tractor...can't forget the tractor.

The lean to cover is in the works. The tractor is in a shed the other side of the back wall of the pen.

Jim

I have to spread my attachments around the property so my wife will not realize what my tractoritis has cost :eek:. Jay

:yum: :yum: :yum:

In the true Zen spirit, I keep mine all close together and with-in visual range of the house to remind my wife just what MY tractoritis has given us.:thumb:

It's all in how you market yourself!:tiphat: :smartass:

Stop the stampede before it begins...

I've discovered if you don't keep those implements fenced in...then tend to get into everything...:D

My GF made the comment that she didn't like looking at my tractors (I live with her) I said well just look around at what they have done for you, end of conversation.....................

mobilus

I like that comment made somewhere that said the fellow hopes that after he dies, his wife never sells the tractor and equipment for what he SAID he paid for it.

jbrumberg

As long as the snow holds out my "moguls (?)" hide a lot of stuff :thumb:. My wife does not mind the tractor and/or the boxscraper presently- keeps the driveway clear. Jay:letitsnow: