Kubota broken at 805 hours

REDDOGTWO

Started the L4630GSTC today and heard a loud squealing sound. Traced it down to the one way clutch on the air conditioner compressor. Called the dealer, knowing that it was out of warranty other than the drive train. This little part sells for $375.00. What an outrageous price for this small part.

It was *a** hot in there today without air conditioning.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about your luck there RedDog. A cab without A/C = a sauna :eek:

Hopefully you can get er fixed rather soon .... or limit your seat time until you do.

M

mtntopper

Sorry REDDOGTWO, just go with a minimum amount of clothing and use the tractor only on cool days....:badidea:
It appears that creature comforts and accessories come at a higher price than should be with tractors and all other vehicles. I wonder if that is not where the larger profits are for the manufactures and dealers sometimes? I will probably wish for a cab in the future but would probably just tear it up doing the work I do around the mountain home.

REDDOGTWO

Ordered the part Thursday, received it Friday, with freight a little over $400. Thursday I cultivated all of the corn, peas, beans, etc. A little over four acres. Yesterday, I cultivated close to ten acres of fallow. This was all in eight to ninety degree heat. Last night started tearing it down, finished tearing it down today. Fun job in the ninety degree shop, tractor will not fit in the seven foot door of the air conditioned side. Tough job without a service manual showing that everything is held on with clips and a tougher job yet without the proper pliers for it. Could not get the first clip on after a couple hours of trying, even with the right tools, the angle of the compressor on the tractor, etc. Finally went over to ask the neighbor, he got it in about ten minutes, put the other one on to for me also. Tomorrow will put the rest back together, should take about an hour at the rate I work with my limited mechanical skills.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sure I would screw up a job like that without the shop manual. They make things possible for non mechanics like me. :hide:
What to you think ....next weeks temps will be 10 to 15 degrees cooler?

REDDOGTWO

Put it back together in about 40 minutes. The bad news is that this did not cure the problem, the compressor is locked up. Rather than just throw parts at it, will wait for the air conditioner man to come out and take a look. The earliest that he can make it is 7-16 as he has a day job working twelve hour shifts. It is a good thing both doors open up.

REDDOGTWO

Have been busy selling and working the garden, finally done for the most part. The fix did not work that the air conditioning guy tried. It was a long hot summer. Needed the tractor every day, no time to take it in. Talked to the Kubota dealer about having Kubota covering some of the cost. That was on Wednesday, still waiting to hear back from them.