Take your pick

grandpa

Which do you want? The two 14 ft. gates (cedar post) I knocked down with the 14 ft. plow and have to rebuild, the deer plot fence I haven't started yet, the old metal carport I just finished converting to a horse barn, the winter wheat I am planting on the 5 acre patch, or killing about 3,000 small mesquite trees in what was a 15 acre field? I did get the deer feeders up and loaded, so the important work is done, anyway. :D

Mith

How do you plan on killing those 3000 trees!?! Are cutting and digging out the roots, or using chemicals?

grandpa

I have used both Remedy mixed with diesel and some "Power Pellets". So far, the pellets have not done as advertised unless I really use more of them than the instructions call for. That makes it very expensive. Have had good luck with the Remedy, which is a lot more work. Dad used to dig them up with a shovel. Late in his life, the renters let them get out of control. If I get a front end loader for my tractor, I may get a grubber for it. May not be 3,000 trees in that one field, but it is easily 2,000 and the whole place is getting taken over. That one field just bore the brunt of it. May not be worth the effort, though. Dad always called that patch "15 minute land", because you had 15 minutes after a rain to get it plowed. :)

I would like to grow sudan on it again some day.