Side View Mirrors

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Out of respect for my neck and back, I decided to get a couple of side view mirrors for the 1120.

I wanted them to be the kind that will yield to trees and bush - they call them breakaway I guess.

Anyway, found a cheap pair on Amazon and was all set to execute when I read where Seizmik mirrors lifetime warranty cover just about anything - including operator stupidity. Turns out its a real good sturdy mirror with a beefy allen head bolt holding everything together. They are about 40% larger than the Amazon ones.

The mountings absorb a lot of shock and they don't tear up your ROPS.

I mounted them high so I didn't smack them getting in and out. See pics.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this along. Always looking for ways to save the body a little wear. I use the 1120 for mowing and its like pulling a trailer through the woods and field. These have already helped.

Tony

Attachments

• 20200509_164641.jpg
    20200509_164641.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20200509_164707.jpg
    20200509_164707.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 119

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Side mirrors are a must for me. Those look good on there. :thumb:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Those are so handy . Great choice!! Are you considering a center mount mirror too?. Mine helps me keep an eye on the cargo.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have a rear view mirror that is very helpful with watching water barrels or keeping an eye on the pups. It doesn't help much steering around pawpaw trees or backing into my parking spot in the barn. Somehow it just feels safer. If you look real careful in the pic looking out to the driveway, you can see it just to the left of center. Great idea.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ok I just bought a Sidekick and was looking for a rear view mirror. Who has a good one
I bought this one in the link for my Roxor- its called Bad Dawg. It has only a 4 star rating and is almost $20. I 'd see if Seizmik sells one while looking . That warranty that Pawpaw grower spoke of sure sounded good on those. .
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P2F786/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I will say it hasn't given me any trouble and stays put but it is behind a windshield. collie

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
To give you another option, I also got this one at Amazon but it is the Seizmik brand as well. It was about $35 when I got mine - it has gone up a little. I don't think you could go wrong with either product.

One thing - make sure you know the diameter of the ROPS on that Sidekick. My X1120 is 2.0 inches as I believe the rest of the X models are. Not sure about the Sidekick. Happy hunting!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AC89JTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
UPDATE: Both side view mirrors passed the smack test this past weekend. My Daughter took the 1120 through the trails and when she returned, both were smacked back. No dings or damage, just moved them back into position. I did tighten the mounting bolt on the port side mirror bracket as it moved a little - I did not want to hard torque them at time of install unless I needed to. Snugged up nicely.