Me needing help - again

Pelican

Good morning my friends. I need to make a withdrawal from your bank of knowledge.
The ATV X1140 I bought a few weeks ago has gotten hard to get it to stay in reverse. You have to push the lever down very very hard at the bottom of travel to get it into reverse and then sometime when you are backing up and let up on the throttle it will jump out of gear.
Is there some sort of linkage adjustment. It seems like the lever bottoms out before it gets fully into gear.
Also, while I've got you, any recommendations on obtaining a shop manual for this model.
Thanks so much for your time. Y'all have a wonderful Sunday. It is really getting to be summertime in south Alabama

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i got my oem factory service manuals on ebay. took a few months but they show up often. for the reverse you can check the cable that pulls the shifter and adjust a little to see if that helps. adjust at the transmission not the dash.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Pelican, You are right about the weather. It is wonderful here in Mississippi . We worked cows most of today and just got in for lunch at 2. So beautiful though. It wasn't like work much at all. Just enjoying the Lord's touch on everything today.
I'd also make sure that all of the bushing type pins and sleeves move freely and aren't under stress to make them pop out of gear. This is under the hood area where the shift lever makes contact with the linkage.On my RTV900, I removed the cotter pins , sanded the inner sleeves/pins and put some grease on all that I could . It really did help especially with the lever that locks the diff thats on the floor. It was actully stuck good.I remember back when I had my RTV, the shift lever would strain to go into gear at times and pop out - that was until I grease it all . Then it went into gear like butter. .I know I just mentioned this not long ago but just trying to eliminate all possibilities.. bordercollie

Pelican

Thanks so much guys. A bit of a delay in checking for post as I spent the day in my bucket truck trimming limbs that were over my businesses building. Hurricane season starts tomorrow so we got to be ready.

Found what they called an 'authorized" copy of a factory manual on eBay. Between the great advice I get on here and the manual I feel sure I can get it to operating better.

Good evening friends, Pelican