Fwd & Reverse pedal hst

Frankenkubota

Greetings, I'm brand new to forums and to tractor ownership so pardon me in advance.

I've had my tractor for 8 months and of course, love it.

I have the hst trans with the fwd/reverse pedal all in 1. Tilt forward to go forward and tilt back to go backwards. The problem is, I'm pushing 70 and while I'm in pretty good shape, I have arthritis in my right hip which makes it very difficult for me to control the reverse function, and it hurts!

Has anyone ever converted the standard hst pedal system to a 2 pedal system. I have some ideas but, why reinvent the wheel?

I'm a retired eng and can't buy anything without modifying it!

It's an amazing machine!

Thx everyone

Da

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Greetings, I'm brand new to forums and to tractor ownership so pardon me in advance.

I've had my tractor for 8 months and of course, love it.

I have the hst trans with the fwd/reverse pedal all in 1. Tilt forward to go forward and tilt back to go backwards. The problem is, I'm pushing 70 and while I'm in pretty good shape, I have arthritis in my right hip which makes it very difficult for me to control the reverse function, and it hurts!

Has anyone ever converted the standard hst pedal system to a 2 pedal system. I have some ideas but, why reinvent the wheel?

I'm a retired eng and can't buy anything without modifying it!

It's an amazing machine!

Thx everyone

Da

WELCOME! :tiphat:

The BX series have a separate reverse pedal close to the seat. I have no idea if the pedals and linkage would adapt to your tractor.

I understand your problem. I have circulation problems (DVT) in my left leg. I have trouble with the clutch but I don’t use the clutch near as much as the HST pedal.

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just a thought see if your dealer will let you test a BX and see if the pedal location is better or worse for you.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have one of those rocker pedals but here's a thought.
What if you attached a long arm to the side of the pedal? Long enough to reach by hand. You could then go forward or backward by using your hand instead of foot.