Mahindra 3505-DI hydraulic fluid

Dheilman

Hi all. Appreciate any feedback. Have the above referenced tractor with FEL. Need to replace the hydraulic fluid. In reviewing the original manual, it lists mainly 15w-40 motor oil options for my temperature range including She'll Rotella T....so confusing....motor oil inHydraulics, gear oil in tranny, and transmission fluid in power steering.

Local dealer is no help as they want you to buy the mahindra fluid........

Have read other posts on the web about using motor oil is fine, not fine due to detergents etc...

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I wish I could help you. I have used John Deere hydraulic fluid in my Kioti. I use the JD engine oil in it too. That is because we already have it for our big tractors.. I think Shell Rotella is a great oil too. My Kubota RTV uses hydraulic fluid in the power steering . One good thing. If you don't use the tractor that much, The service will be good for a while. Good Luck ! bordercollie

Kanook

15w-40 in the transmission doesn't sound right....unless it's a gear box maybe. I've owned a few lawn tractors/mowers that use 10w-30 in their hydro transmissions but never heard of a real tractor (sub compact, compact or full sized) using anything but hydraulic oil in their hydros. Buy a quart of the Mahindra brand stuff and compare it to what is on your dipstick now and to 15w-40. I personally wouldn't risk a tractor failure to save a few bucks on the fluids myself.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Kanook. Just to clarify my earlier post, I use the John Deere engine oil in my RTV engine and the Kioti engine. I only use SUDT2 in my RTV transmission. I use the John Deere hydraulic oil in my Kioti transmission. bordercollie