wheel tire

nelsonbullitt

Hi, I just bought an older Mahindra 3510 with a Bradco backhoe.

It has 1130 hours and came from a trade in where the dealer loaded the rear tires, changed all fluids, replaced the clutch assembly and put in a new battery.

I just drove it and the r4 tires do not do the job of the r1s on my Ford 1920.

I read on another forum about a guy that put 4110 ag tires/rims on with great success.

Does anyone know the best place to purchase tires/rims in the 4110 size?

Thanks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not very familiar with Mahindra tractors.

If you're buying new tires and wheels, is there a reason you're going with 4110 instead of the original size for the 3510?

If you want a complete set of tires/rims, have you checked with dealers to see what they have (new or used)? For new, if you're ordering from the dealer, it may be cheaper to buy as "whole goods" (through the sales department) as opposed to buying from the parts department. At least that was my experience with Kubota.

If you have 4WD, you'll probably need to change the front as well to keep the turning ratio correct when you are in 4WD.

What are you using for fluid in your tires? If RimGuard or wiper fluid you're OK but if you're using calcium, extra precautions (i.e. tubes) should be used due to the corrosiveness of the calcium.

If you want to look aftermarket, you may find what you need.
E.g.
http://www.wheeltractor.com/products/parts/Tractor-Wheel-Rim.html
http://www.millertire.com/

I haven't used wheeltractor (it's just an example) but have bought tires from Miller and they're a good company. Not sure if their prices are best so shop around based on your tire size.

nelsonbullitt

Apparently the only difference between the 3510 and the 4110 is the engine and wheels. The chassis is the same.

So, the tires/wheels on the 4010 should be of the same ratio as the 3510 I am assuming.

I think I need ag tires for clearing some wooded areas.