fip problems

owner

Mahindra 7520 Had to have fuel injection pump rebuilt. because of contaminated fuel. re installed and fired up but have a loud clanging noise that must be figured out before I can run the engine. Any help?

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad it's working. Can you tell us what was wrong? Posting the resolution may help the next person with this issue.

owner

The tech at Redding Fuel Injection suggested the problem could be a stuck injector. Said to loosen the fuel line retainer caps on top of each injector, one at a time while running. If the noise stops, that injector is the culpret.On trying to start the engine I had to rebleed the fuel lines by loosining all the retainer caps at once and turning over the engine with the starter motor.
After retightning all the caps, I got lucky. The injector evidently cleared itself.Tractor is nine years old, 246 hours. I let it run for 10 Minuits or so and it sounds fine. Big relief. New injector said to cost $2600.00 ++
Cost to rebuild $600.00 plus labor to remove and replace, plus travel and or shipping. All's well that ends well.