I have a Mahindra 4500 2wd 2004

Dinnie

I am looking for any information on how to remove my power steering cylinder off my tractor. I have a leak on the driver side of my power steering cylinder. I know there is two large bolts on each side of the cylinder at the bottom of the cylinder, that need to come off. But how do you disconnect the cylinder rod from the rest of the power steering ball joint assembly. which screw to undo to disconnect the cylinder from the steering arm??? Is it the large bolt in the center called the ball joint assembly cylinder end???? My tractor is now jacked up off both front wheels.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dinnie, Welcome to our forums.

I have no easy answer for you as I do not own one of those, but I did a search and found a Mahindra Tractor Power Steering Cylinder Repair Kit For Vickers Pump on Amazon of all places. Not sure if that will be of any help to you or not (would instructions come with the kit?)
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mahindra-Tractor-Steering-Cylinder-Vickers/dp/B00EJVUNRQ?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0[/ame]

Dinnie

My research show I have the RAM PS cylinder. I need to know how to remove the power steering cylinder without removing the Tie rod assembly. What is the size of the 4 bolts that hole the power steering cylinder to the tractor wheel axle. A11/16 is too small and a 13/16 is too large. It appear that I should be able to disconnect the Tie rod assembly away from the power steering cylinder at the large bolt/nut on the end of the ball joint assembly cylinder end. This is how it setup, first you have the ball joint assembly knuckle arm end, it connects to the ball joint assembly cylinder end, this connects to the iron rod(piston) coming out of the power steering cylinder. When I turn this nut the ball joint assembly cylinder end, the iron rod(piston) turn both together. There appear to be a indent on the end of the iron(piston) that connects to the ball joint assembly cylinder end, that you can use a thin range to hole the iron rod(piston) while you use another range to unscrews the nut on the ball joint assembly cylinder end and this will disconnect the tie rod assembly from the power steering cylinder. But what is the size or name of the range?????