Looking at new rtv k connect question

zenchal26

Looking at getting a new rtv x1100. How does the k connect system attach to the rtv? Does the system hinder ground clearance? How much of a job is it to remove the entire system in the summer months. Only planning on using it for plowing and snow blowing no summer attachments so I would be removing it for the extra ground clearance when out on the trail

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
although i don't have K connect i have looked at them. the extra drive shaft and guard are slung under the front diff,so yes it does reduce clearance. remember though that you can adjust the struts on an X model to lift it some to compensate. i don't think it would be a good idea to try to remove for a season but with the front attachment sitting in the driveway the rest of the system in unobtrusive. i wish Kubota would make a front grooming mower for the K connect. i talked to a factory man this spring that said it was on the table but not to expect anything for two years.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Looking at getting a new rtv x1100. How does the k connect system attach to the rtv? Does the system hinder ground clearance? How much of a job is it to remove the entire system in the summer months. Only planning on using it for plowing and snow blowing no summer attachments so I would be removing it for the extra ground clearance when out on the trail

look at the bobcat 3650. i really like the front attachments for that machine but i don't know how good they are. you can't beat Kubota RTV for dependability. the bobcat has an awfull lot of electric sensors and stuff.:thewave:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Out front 72” mower would be the ticket for sure

yea i talked to a Kubota block man at the NRA convention and asked him about a front mower. he indicated that K had thought about it but not to expect anything for years. i think they are trying to stay in the snow market. BOOOO i would love to mow in my air conditioned RTV

VA1100

I’m working on a project mower, I picked up a New Holland 914A 72” side discharge deck on Craigslist for $300.00. I have the hydraulics on the front to lift the deck and I have what is needed to run the Kubota rotary broom (non K connect model), minus the auxiliary oil cooler, the problem is the broom runs 328 RPM, with a high torque low RPM motor, and the mid mount PTO on the New Holland tractors run 2000 RPM. I’ve done some searching for another hydraulic motor, but am also interested to see where Kubota pulls the power off the unit for the K connect PTO. I bought the female half of the quick hitch for a rotary broom and have fabricated brackets to fasten that on the back of the deck, I also have bought bigger gauge wheels, I am going to put two in the front and two in the back, the plan is to have the gauge wheels on the ground with the lift in the float position and just push the deck with the RTV. Any thoughts, or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

Attachments

• D56B455D-9B77-44E8-A24B-8013AB74DD9E.jpg
    D56B455D-9B77-44E8-A24B-8013AB74DD9E.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 40B2F98C-699D-4370-9CA8-2C2BF568900A.jpg
    40B2F98C-699D-4370-9CA8-2C2BF568900A.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 86

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the x1100c already has an oil cooler in front of the engine cooled by a fan on the waterpump. i think the K connect pulls its power from the front crankshaft. via an electric clutch. i am not sure the RTV has enough hydraulic flow to power a mower via hydraulic motor. could you get your power from the front of the engine via a shaft. i have considered a basic K connect front hitch and PTO and adapt it to the mower like you are doing. basically no hydraulics. what you think???

VA1100

Aurthuritis, I have the aux hydraulic pump (V5271/V5272) that comes with the Kubota quick connect attachments. It is basically the system that Kubota was using before the K connect. I just have a hydraulic V blade (V5291), but the machine is set up to handle a rotary broom (V5260), the rotary broom uses a White 9.88in^3 (162cc) hydraulic motor and requires an additional hydraulic oil cooler. The rotary broom I believe is rated for 328 RPM, I also might of found that spec when I Googled the White 162 motor. I like the looks of the K connect system, it looks like a separate reservoir in the front of the machine. I was exploring the option of using a hydraulic motor, since most of the components are already there, but I am also interested in the way the front mount PTO is connected. Thank you for the information and video on the K connect, Kubota is sure trying to keep that a secret with the lack of information they have out there on it.
Thanks,
Pete

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Aurthuritis, I have the aux hydraulic pump (V5271/V5272) that comes with the Kubota quick connect attachments. It is basically the system that Kubota was using before the K connect. I just have a hydraulic V blade (V5291), but the machine is set up to handle a rotary broom (V5260), the rotary broom uses a White 9.88in^3 (162cc) hydraulic motor and requires an additional hydraulic oil cooler. The rotary broom I believe is rated for 328 RPM, I also might of found that spec when I Googled the White 162 motor. I like the looks of the K connect system, it looks like a separate reservoir in the front of the machine. I was exploring the option of using a hydraulic motor, since most of the components are already there, but I am also interested in the way the front mount PTO is connected. Thank you for the information and video on the K connect, Kubota is sure trying to keep that a secret with the lack of information they have out there on it.
Thanks,
Pete

Oh ok i see. i didn't know K made an aux hydraulic pump like that. if you can get enough flow to meet the HP demands that would be great." i like it". i think the front bumper attachment on the K connect is just an electric over hydraulic system to raise and lower and swing the attachment. all self contained just bolt to frame and wire it in. the PTO i think is driven from the front crankshaft with a step down transfer case. the clutch may be inclusive to the transfer case. anyway if i guy could find the front driveshaft and gearcase assembly the lift assy and attachment would be easy peasy and you wouldn't have any HP loss in the hydraulics. i like the mower you got on graigslist.

zenchal26

K connect on the one we just bought has a gear box that connects to the transmission via cv shaft. Output of that gearbox runs pto shaft to the front of rtv. The lift and angle functions are controlled by a stand alone elect over hyd unit.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
K connect on the one we just bought has a gear box that connects to the transmission via cv shaft. Output of that gearbox runs pto shaft to the front of rtv. The lift and angle functions are controlled by a stand alone elect over hyd unit.

so it takes it's input power from the transmission. would you please snap a pic?

THANKS

zenchal26

The pto gearbox is connected to the engine crankshaft via a splined shaft that is bolted onto the fan belt pulley and a small cv shaft connecting the box to the engine

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
is there a switch or lever or something to disengage the gear box from the power? or does the shaft run all of the time?