Fencline AND Treeline cutter!!

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
That's pretty slick, but at that price I'll continue to use my weedeater out by the road.:rolleyes:

Glowplug

I really don't think that price is too bad. . . .considering. I really like the vineyard trimming video where it is mounted on the hydraulic arm. That would be really cool to trim under fences, cut down encroaching tree limbs, and such. I could really put that thing to use. I just wish they had something like that which was PTO-driven instead of hydraulically-driven.

I really don't think that price is too bad. . . .considering. I really like the vineyard trimming video where it is mounted on the hydraulic arm. That would be really cool to trim under fences, cut down encroaching tree limbs, and such. I could really put that thing to use. I just wish they had something like that which was PTO-driven instead of hydraulically-driven.

That vineyard hydraulic rig was developed by the purchaser...unfortunately...:rolleyes:

Mith

So what would be the advantage of that over an arm mounted flail? I would have thought the flail would be more robust.

Mith

Thats how we trim them around here, with a flail......

58T.jpg

Mith

Chuck, from some machinery website. Next time I see one cutting alongside the road I'll take a photo.
image0111.jpg

image009.jpg

Paul, they have guards front and back, all the debris is forced downwards. They make surprisingly little mess.

howierd3866

this is what we us...also tractor supply has one you pull behind the 4wheeler we also use

Attachments

• 1139157521_m.jpg
    1139157521_m.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Canal --christmas 019.jpg
    Canal --christmas 019.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 53
  • Canal --christmas 008.jpg
    Canal --christmas 008.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 49
  • code 8 008.jpg
    code 8 008.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 48
  • tractor boom mower 006.jpg
    tractor boom mower 006.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 50
  • code 10 009.jpg
    code 10 009.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 48

PBinWA

howierd - why are you mowing in those swamp areas? I think I would rather look at some tall weeds than a mud hole?

howierd3866

one...thats how I make my money no one else around here can do this and 2nd the city code enforcement dont like tall grass...

PBinWA

one...thats how I make my money no one else around here can do this and 2nd the city code enforcement dont like tall grass...

Having lived in Orlando for a while, I can see that having the weeds cut down would make it harder for the gators to hide!:eek:

However, one must never question the ability of the civil servant to waste the taxpayers money - especially when you can get some of your tax follars back from the governement!. :rolleyes:

Chuck, from some machinery website. Next time I see one cutting alongside the road I'll take a photo.
image0111.jpg

image009.jpg

Paul, they have guards front and back, all the debris is forced downwards. They make surprisingly little mess.

Well, this is what I really wanted...but SWMBO vetoed what was ATTACHED to the cutter...:D
00166_cimatricetop.jpg

quincy

This is what I use... I have some 300ft of hawthorn hedge I like to keep straight.

hedgecutter2Small.jpg

Hedgecutter1Small.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

It works nice. It cuts the top of the hedge perfectly straight, no way I could do this by hand, trust me it was a LOT more wobbly on top when I used to do it by hand!! Used to take all weekend to cut that hedge, now 2 hours tops.

Last edited: