900 lift mods

Pinnacle

here is some other work accomplished recently. In my move to install the 900 lift, I found that the lower end of the A arm was touching / restricting the movement of the hubs, so, I removed the A arms, cut in half circles in the top frame support plate, and now there is free full movement with no binding. I will include a full extension pic with no wheel, or weight on the vehicle, and another with wheels mounted, and sitting in it's normal position after tires / lift were finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 114

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm, you have me wondering if I have the same issue with the A-arm and need to round it out a bit.

Pinnacle

Hmmm, you have me wondering if I have the same issue with the A-arm and need to round it out a bit.

I'd go look BC. The thing I found was that the A arm bushing bolts were quite tight. If you lossen them slightly, the A arm then floats much better. Then, you will also see that the bottom of the hub binds on that plate by the ball joint section. SO, I said OK, remove them, open the area, waaa laaa, more travel, and no binding issues and you have more travel.