Peanut's Stick Stoppers

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I got my stick stoppers today that I ordered from Peanut for the 2011 RTV 900 and I was really impressed. I thought I was just gonna get 2 pieces of curved steel to replace the plastic ones with. Not so. I got the curved pieces along with very nicely made mounting brackets. These are first class all the way. I will try and post some pictures if it is ok with Peanut . I am a real tight wad but these are so well made that I have no regrets. Thanks Peanut! bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Stick Stopper Pictures

I posted these same pictures on another thread but thought they needed to be here too. I spent about 4 hrs using the RTV with the steel guards yesterday, looking for a lost calf(no luck) and then weed wiping a bit and they still look new. The bedliner coating is doing a great job of staying on. There are a lot of limbs laying everywhere since the drought has been so hard on the trees . I feel a lot more comfortable zipping around with these heavy duty shields on.A great investment- if a boot gets torn and gets the joint ruined because you don't notice it, it will cost over $450 a side (just for the parts!) to fix the half shaft - because Kubota wont sell the inner piece parts- then add labor. The boots can be bought and you can read the post I made on replacing them on this forum.. Easy to do but take a while- It will cost over $100 to hire it done per side plus the cost of the boot and cv grease. I do remember that before I moved up to the RTV I had a Mule and I was charged $97 to fix one boot. (I still remember that innocent looking limb laying there angled upward... ). That was before I knew how to replace boots back in 2002.No I don't have stock in Peanuts business but I like the product he makes.With all the limbs everywhere I have one less thing to worry about. bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF3807.JPG
    DSCF3807.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCF3809.JPG
    DSCF3809.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,483
  • DSCF3810.JPG
    DSCF3810.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,482

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the kind words guy&gals I'm kinda out of touch right now because my computer is down.should be up and running in a week or so.for right now I'm using my phone to check in.problem this keyboard is small lol.

XTROOPER

I too ordered Peanut's Stick Stoppers. I have been running them through the summer when I have been cutting firewood. Peanut was great to work with, it was during flooding in LA, he got them to me any way. Great guy, great product, can't recommend highly enough!

Again, Thanks Peanut

XTROOPER

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Yea I remember that set .I was tryin to get everything up high annd out the way and working on your stickstoppers at night.in the end the water never made it down this far.better safe than sorry though right.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Peanut informs me that he has completed the stick stoppers for my RTV. Man I can't wait to receive them to get a first hand look at Peanut's awesome craftsmanship that all have shared on this forum. Peanut, I placed the envelope containing your check in the big blue US Postal Service box today. It's true, the check's in the mail!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
There boxed up and ready to go .let me know how you like them and also let me know how they fit up too.I changed the bolt pattern so that way they will fit any year model.

BigBen

Mine are great. Had them a couple years now. One of the best "investments" I have made. They sure have saved some boot tears.

Attachments

• Stick Stoppers.jpg
    Stick Stoppers.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,353

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My stick stoppers manufactured by Peanut are also holding up super. I still have only mounted the front part of the set but the protection is great. (and so is the bedliner paint Tommy used). I have put over 70 hrs on the RTV since mounting the front part of the set and they still look new. Now that is going through pastures, cornfield stubs and assorted sticks/limbs from drought ailing trees. I noticed 2 holes on the A arm opposite the front mounting holes and may try to utilize them when I mount the rear protection tab since I go through a ton of manure and mud when and if it will rain. bordercollie

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
I finely took time to install Tommy's stick stoppers and the Kubota mud flaps this afternoon. I've been too busy working a refueling outage at the plant. I've grown really tired of 6 - 12 hr days, but I sure am fortunate to have such a great job. Anyway, I installed the items today on my day off.

Although the limited space inside the A-arm slowed the installation down, the stick stoppers went on with ease. The mud flaps were very easy to install.

I definitely agree that removal of the tire/wheels is necessary for installing the stick stoppers.

I suspect my next accessory will be work lights.

Thanks again Tommy for the stick stoppers. Folks are fortunate to have Tommy helping us out with his profession!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks pepr glad you got them on ok if you ever have a problem with them juss give me a hollar and i'll take care of it for ya.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Peanut, got the box just now. Haven't opened it yet, waiting to get home. Smells like peanuts but clanks around like steel! lol...

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
lol. good to hear they made it ok. the aluminum ones have just one extra hole drilled in one of them but they should look pretty good if you are the bling bling type of guy.lollet me know how it goes.

moosejaw

They are There

Loved Peanut's stick stoppers, went out to start a set for my machine, 2012 RTV 900 XT, they are there! Must be a fix for the new machines.:yum:

Bucks_071

When I saw Peanuts stick stoppers I thought what a great idea. So simple yet effective. I was going to order a set then got to looking and my RTV500 came with them factory. Either Kubota is listening to your guys suggestions or Peanut done snuck up to Indiana and put a set on for me. Peanut, your not related to the Easter Bunny are you?