JD 4440 clutch hyd press adj?

lancinator

I checked the hyd pressure on the PTO clutch as it started slipping. And it is 104. My understanding is it should be 145-180 max. I don't know where to adjust it. Can someone help me out?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lancinator. :tiphat: Welcome to net tractor talk, I'm glad you found us. :thumb:
Our JD experts should be by later tonight or in the morning. Good luck with getting it figured out.

jd110

Is it a powershift or Quad-range or Synchro-range? All of them are adjusted with shims under the pressure regulating valve. The location of the valve is different depending on the transmission. You can only adjust pressure on entire transmission. If transmission pressure is good other than pto, then there is likely a leak in the pto circuit. Put a gauge in the transmission system pressure and see if the pressure drops when you engage pto. It should dip briefly and then recover.

lancinator

It is a quadrange. When i looked at pressure reg valve and spring it looked good I'll check the clutch pressure as well today.

lancinator

I checked the main drive clutch and it is 150. So it looks like the next step is to split the ol girl and see what is wrong inside. Thanks for the info. If anyone has a good John Deere Tech manual for a 4440 I'd be willing to buy it. I'm looking for one.