RTV 900 battery specification

travis352

Hi

I'm looking to replace the battery on my RTV 900 with a new but good quality battery.

I've looked in the owners manual but can't find any details on the battery. I was looking for details on the capacity (Ah).

I've measured the existing battery base as 20cm x 16cm. It's quite a tight fit on the machine.

I found a thread on here talking about Optima Yellow Top 34/78 but they are bigger than my present battery and appear to be too big to fit (see: http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-13054.html)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!Which RTV do you have? Not sure but I'd guess the 1100 series RTV's may have a larger battery than the 900 series.

On the OEM battery, do you see a "Type"? That normally defines the physical size as well as the specs.

I'll be walking out to the shop soon. I'll try to get the "Type" and specs off the one I have in mine. I did replace my OEM with a deep-cycle marine battery so the physical size is about the same but the specs will be a bit different.

travis352

Thanks for the reply 'bczoom'.

My machine is a 2011 RTV 900. I've (hopefully) attached a picture from the top of my battery. It doesn't give much detail. There looks as though there could be some number just under the positive leads. However I'm a bit reluctant to disconnect it at the moment just to see what is written there.

If you could look and see what yours says that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• KubBat.jpg
    KubBat.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 76

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I checked my RTV.

I'm running a Transcontinental (aka Deka) 240CM. It has 525CCA and 140 reserve hours.

Do you have a battery shop/store? When I walked in with my OEM battery and told them what I wanted/needed out of the new battery they knew exactly what I needed.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I moved my - cable just enough to see 540 CCA at 0 degree F. I have a 2011 900. Make sure the neg and positive are the safe configuration. Sometimes, like on the zero turn, they give nothing extra as far as slack. bordercollie

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
The Kubota number is K7711-96610.
They call it a size 524F/22FA.That comes out to be a Group 26R battery with 535 CCA.

Also crossed it to a size

624FMFD

Last edited: