Info about new kubota rtv-x900

628pm

Site Supporter
Looking at buying the new 900, if anyone owns one, what do they like or dislike about it. My plans are to add a snow plow, doors and heater to it at a later date. Purchasing it with the updated front suspension, glass windshield, metal top, wiring harness for multiple accessories, plastic insert bed liner, turn signals for the country roads, work tires (won't be in too much mud except going on our property), and a few other minor accessories.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have an old RTV so I'll let the new owners give thoughts.

You mention cab/roof/doors/windshield, heat, heavier suspension and such. Curious on why you're picking the 900 then adding everything instead of the 1100 which comes with all those things.

628pm

Site Supporter
I guess I am trying to lessen the pain right now I can justify 14k but not 17k for what I am going to use it for. I will add parts as I go over a period of time. I know it would be best to do it all at once but I believe someone else in this house wouldn't believe that.. Oh well.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know it would be best to do it all at once but I believe someone else in this house wouldn't believe that.. Oh well.
Gotcha. I fully understand which is why my RTV is an '04 instead of a new one.

How does the saying go? "I'm the king of the castle when she lets me".

Kanook

628pm....I have a 900 equipped pretty much as you want to end up with..albeit it is an 04 model. In my opinion for 3 grand extra I'd go with the 1100. You'll never get the 900 to equal the 1100 in regards to air tightness and performance of the cab heater or sound insulation and cold air entry. Just my opinion, but I think in the long run you will end up spending more $$$$ and end up with less...Just my 2 cents worth.

628pm

Site Supporter
Sounds good, but I have to slow the spending down some. Sold a 4010 Kawasaki mule last year we used around our place, because the wife talked about a jeep to haul the dog around in (used the mule for that also). Well we bought an excellent 2009 jeep sahara with a rag top, after a month, we thought about a hard top. Ended up trading the 2009 jeep in for a 2014 jeep with everything on it (or added). To shorten the story, I know the 1100 would be great but if you get a southern illinois paper you would read in it about a husband getting shot for upgrading again. ( That's not really true, she great about the kubota) but have to stop someplace. Thanks for the advice though, I understand.

628pm

Site Supporter
Kanook, I had to look, the x1100c with what I want is around 21.9k msrp. I wouldn't have to worry about being shot, I would be living in the shed if I was lucky. Looked good though!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum.

The truth is. I love my RTV. It's a older model !!!!

But , the way things are going now with Kubota. I hate to be the one to say this. But I would either hold off awhile and see what there plans are to do with the new design. Or buy a Honda. This is my opinion only.

Thought I would never say this. But it is what it is !!!!

Many folks in my area are going the other way, for the very reason of the new design works.
When you have a company as big is Kubota not giving the proper answers and NOT taking care of their people. Telling the dealers what to say
to the customers, which the statements are NOT the truth................ It's time to go !!!!

........... jamie

Attachments

• Hawk Eye.jpg
    Hawk Eye.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 278
Can't comment on new RTV900 as I only recently purchased a 2013 model and only have 11.5 hours on it. :)

My only advice is try to negotiate as many "options" as you can (afford) at the time of purchase. You will usually get the best price for options/accessories at the time of machine purchase. Far different story when you go back later to price options. I have learned the hard way in the past.

pop58

Welcome 628.

If you do go with the new X900 then remember the new X models have what is called build your own cab. You can choose from different windshields, canopy's, back window and doors.
You want to make sure you get the canopy that works with the doors that are available.

This is a good way to go when buying things as you can afford them and the new Build Your Own Cab is built very strong and fits like a glove on the machine.

They also have the heater kits when your ready.

628pm

Site Supporter
I've looked but most seem around 16k for one with a cab. Looks like they hold their value pretty well.

628pm

Site Supporter
Pop58,
I've talked to my dealer about the cabs and accessories. He said be sure to get the cab parts that start with vc so they will work with other cab parts later.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Seems like no matter which model you have, there are always add on's to make it what you want/need. Tires, wheels, winch, lights, top, windshield, hi rise air intake, stick stoppers, carriers, heater, gun racks, storage containers, ropes and pull straps and the list goes on. Maybe about the time you equip your RTV as you like it, you can trade it in for another---LOL.

628pm

Site Supporter
Don't tell anyone at my house that might happen. What I really trying to do it get it the way i want over a period of time and keeping it. My b2620 and zd326 are both planning on staying with me a very long time. If I purchase the x900 that will be included in long term plans. Bought a new truck several years ago , that plans on staying long term also. As long as they are maintained properly I should be good.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome 628. Glad you are here. I had an '05 model and sold it with 4200 hrs on it (good shape) and got a 2011 xt model (1534 hrs now)and it is a great machine. I'm not interested in owning the new model though. Do your homework and have fun shopping. collie

jegotcher

I have a 2012 900xt with several optons. I added some later when the need became apparent. It probably would have been easier to get everything at once. I agree with the comments about the enclosed cab. Probably better to go with the 1100 which includes a heater, AC and defroster. You can't duplicate the cab of an 1100 with the 900 accessories.

628pm

Site Supporter
I know it is better to get everything at once, but that will not happen. Don't care about AC in the vehicle. Won't be going on too many trails during the summer, so I will be fine with what I am looking at. During the winter, if I get the rtv to 50 degrees if and when I put a cab on I will be satisfied. Currently I use the B2620 to clear snow, it doesn't have any protection. I'm lucky my better half agrees with what I am looking at. So I am satisfied. But thanks for the input.