Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Prospective Buyer Forums > Buying and Pricing Forum

Buying and Pricing Forum Post questions about buying or pricing here.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM

mrredbeard is on a distinguished road
Default kubota RTVX1120d or 1140

i am going to be buying a new utv today or tommorow. my choices that i have come up with so far are, rtvx1120d for 13,700.00
or an 1140 for 14,400 or the 1120d with cab for 18,500. i like the seating of the 1140 and the extra bix box but i dont know if the old style is as godd as the new x model. and is the cab worth the extra money. i have thought about polaris because i an tired of the salesman that keeps saying this is a tractor, it is slower then a atv. the hydrostatic is not near as fast as the other ones but will i not like that after i get it. i am going to be useing it for hauling wood, joy riding, trips up to the farm which is 4 miles on a road. no real use in mind but i think its time to buy one. i will get 2 percent back on a multiconsesion discount and an extra 1 percent back on a new t6060 tractor and backhoe i just bought for a total of about 700 bucks. tight as* kubota should offer more the 1 and 2 percent for a multi unit buy. help me out guys what should i do??
Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 AM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

Welcome to the forum!

I drive an old RTV900 so I'm not in a position to pick one of the new models for you.

On the cab or no cab, most here seem to find their preference based on weather and how frequently you're in-and-out of your RTV. If you're going to be snow plowing for hours, a cab is sweet. If your use is for short trips with a lot of getting and-and-out, a cab may be a pain. If you're riding in the woods, you'll need to be more careful if you have a cab. If you ride on soft ground a lot, consider the extra weight of the cab.

The RTV is completely different than a Ranger. It's more "tractor like". Basically, it's built like a tank. It'll out work a Ranger day in and day out. The Ranger is faster but doesn't haul as much and prone to spend more time in the shop. The diesel of the RTV will far outlive the Ranger. It's an apples to oranges comparison.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

You pretty much have the skinny on the RTV. Not the fastest UTV out there, in fact probably the slowest. 25mph to 27mph in High. But you also get a diesel that is a true workhorse. I think the payload is bigger than most (1100lbs), but not positive.
Like BC, I have the RTV900 and love it. Many times it sure would be nice to be able to haul extra folks easily. Sometimes we squeeze 3 in the front seat but it's tight. Sure would be nice to have the 4 seater version.
As for the cab, BC nailed it. If a lot of riding in cold weather you'll love the cab. Getting in and out a lot with the door can be cumbersome but I suspect you'd get used to it.
Drive both models you are considering and give em a good try out. You'll know which one you want to put your money into.
Good luck, and welcome to Net Tractor talk.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++
Old 05-17-2014, 12:12 PM

mrredbeard is on a distinguished road

just bought the kubota 1120 d.. was going to go with the four seater but it is not made in the new x verision. it is not the faster model, and it take a big area to turn around.it drives more like a bus. the 1120d goes 29 mph instead of 25.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:37 PM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

Congratulations!

Now, it's time to accessorize. We're good at spending OPM (Other People's Money) so let us know what you want to add on.