RTV X1120D Help1!!

Jersey gardner

Hello,
I have a x1120D and I have just done my 50hr. service. It is running very sluggish and does not respond right away when in gear. I had called the dealer and they said it might be air and to run it for a few minutes(20 or so) and it should be ok. Well it still runs the same and now when i put it in gear, it will now move. I did notice I had added too much hydolic oil. Any thoughts? Thanks

VA1100

I had a similar experience. I was adding oil to the transmission, but the reservoir for the hydra-stat is located under the passenger seat. Check the oil level in that reservoir to see if it is low.
Good luck with it,
Pete

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Check your manual. I don't have this model but some folks with your model have had the same problem. It has to do with the refilling of the fluids . It appears that the refill ports are not obvious so check the manual for their locations. . Main thing is don't run it until you can check the levels according to the manual. Your transmission is probably low. I angered a new member on a similar post when this first was mentioned by suggesting he make sure he filled the right ports. He thought I was putting him down but I wasn't. I was trying to see if he had put the fluids in the in the right place. It turned out to be a close guess based on what I had read earlier. Good Luck with this. bordercollie

VA1100

Jersey, I have an X1100, when I did my first oil change I tried to add oil at the yellow dipstick under the dump bed, but it had not dropped, after some searching I found the hydraulic reservoir under the seat was low, there is also a dipstick in that tank. The manual is very confusing in this area, but my machine would not move in high range. Not sure how the 1120 is set up, but on my machine I had to pull the storage bin to gain access to the check/fill point. Don't feel bad, I've been down the same road you are on, again the manual is not clear at all on this.
God Bless,
Pete

Jersey gardner

Yes, the Manuel is not very clear. I followed it step by step and this is what I get. I will check under the seat if in fact there is a reservoir. The book did not indicate that, but I'll look anyway. The troubleshooting section of the book is a joke. It's so vague and not very useful. I have a call out to dealer. This sounds like it's gonna cost me $$$. I didn't even make my first payment and already I have problems.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree on those Kubota manuals being poorly done. They need to take a course on proper layout from the older Buick manuals . They were consumer and user friendly .
I think the problem is like VA1100 had. Check there. collie

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the reservoir for the tranny is under the seat. the plug under the bed is for the differential. same fluid but not a common reservoir. this is a common mistake and the manual will lead you right into the trap. join the club there are many members.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jersey........Hang in there.......The folks on here are not only full of straight shooters with advice and knowledge; but also with honestly trying to be friendly. Actually, it sounds like you have it almost figured out......God bless......Dennis

Tech_9282

Both the users manual and the service are dead wrong about where to check the fluid level for the HST (especially after a service and the filters are changed).

The newer series RTV HST and transmission now have separate reservoirs, unlike the older style where they were a single reservoir. I contacted Kubota about the misinformation and they are not giving up on there stance that the manuals are correct.

The other disappointing part about this change to the HST system on the newer units is now that it shares a reservoir with the aux hydraulic dump and power steering circuits, so if you blow a line or loose some fluid on any one of those systems in the bush your a sitting Duck until you fix it as the HST will no longer function.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
"so if you blow a line or loose some fluid on any one of those systems in the bush your a sitting Duck until you fix it as the HST will no longer function. "

Best carry an ample supply of "John Deere Tape". nothing like it for getting you home