Windsheid for No Cab X Model 1120D

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am checking to see what our fellow RTVX owners chose for a windshield, if any.

The link to the windshield below is a fast attach and rides on rubber collars attached to the ROPS. It is not a tight seal and some air does get past by design - I told to prevent condensation. It goes for around four Hondo U.S.

Did anyone else get one of this and if so, how do you like it.

http://utvhitchworks.com/product/fast-attach-windshield-rtv-x/

If you got another kind, we would appreciate any input you have. This is our first winter with the bota.

Thanks

2015EcoD

I went with the tempered glass windshield from Kubota on my x1140 for $800 installed. I knew the windshield would be dirty more often than not and figured anything other than glass would probably scratch enough to warrant replacing every couple years. If I make it 4 years, I guess it'll be worth it.

The added benefit of the full frame, possibility to add doors and the ability to mount side view mirrors seemed to outweigh the added cost.

So far so good, the latches to pop open the window are great in the summer and a little rain-x makes it great in the winter.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with 2015EcoD. I went with the full glass with windshield wiper. The plastic, Lexan or mylar windows scratch and or cloud up too easily for my application on dirt roads and plowing snow storms. I love the glass, the wiper is a bit disappointing in that it doesn't deliver a clean sweep, but it does keep the window clear enough to maintain driving speed. I love the pop-open feature in the summer - good ventilation. Seemed expensive at the time, but no regrets now.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
The window wiper design on our RTV's leave a lot to be desired. While the wiper pattern clears the drivers side well enough, the passenger side never gets touched. Anyone with a 1100 knows what I'm talking about. I hope the Kubota Corp. designers read this and work toward a fix for this annoying situation on future RTV's.