Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Brand Specific Forums > Kubota RTV Owners Group Forum

Old 12-15-2017, 02:52 PM

Tsunamibob is on a distinguished road
Default Bed creep

About a month ago rustyshakelford talked about bed creep in his lighting thread. I had this same problem with our X1100C with a sprayer in the back. After going round and round with the local dealer we came up with putting an electronic hydraulic stop valve in-line between the outlet at the top of the ram and the return. Attacked are a few pics.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2872.jpg (19.1 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2873.jpg (20.1 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2871.jpg (19.3 KB, 225 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsunamibob For This Useful Post:
aurthuritis (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 03:15 PM

aurthuritis is on a distinguished road

that should work unless the leak is internal to the cylinder. let us know. mine creeps too
Old 12-15-2017, 03:20 PM

It worked all spray season. This is a fix! All you need to remember is to turn off the switch or the battery dies after a few days
Old 12-15-2017, 07:23 PM

rustyshakelford is on a distinguished road

Man that looks slick. What was the cost for that? Turned out real nice

Brett
Old 12-15-2017, 10:39 PM

The dealer did the work so it was expensive. About $325.00. If you buy the valve on amazon, it’s about $130 plus the hose
Old 12-16-2017, 11:35 AM

CKing is on a distinguished road

I have question, the lift handle has four position up, neutral, down and float. So are you having a creep problem in neutral? If so that would mean the valve or piston is leaking, which would mean a warranty replacement?

The manual talks about adjusting the cable link and handle latch door. Supposedly there is dent that will hold valve handle in the float position. Then make the cable sheath is locked to it stay point. Then adjust the linkage length so handle is in the float position. Then move the handle to the neutral position and loosen screws and adjust the latch door to hold the handle in the neutral position. If creeps in neutral bad valve or cylinder.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKing View Post
I have question, the lift handle has four position up, neutral, down and float. So are you having a creep problem in neutral? If so that would mean the valve or piston is leaking, which would mean a warranty replacement?

The manual talks about adjusting the cable link and handle latch door. Supposedly there is dent that will hold valve handle in the float position. Then make the cable sheath is locked to it stay point. Then adjust the linkage length so handle is in the float position. Then move the handle to the neutral position and loosen screws and adjust the latch door to hold the handle in the neutral position. If creeps in neutral bad valve or cylinder.
He went thru all that. I have this problem too with my sprayer or just sitting on the tailgate. Iím not huge but not tiny either at 5í10Ē and 207 lbs and thatís all it takes. Dealer will be testing the valve and cylinder when I carry it up to them. Iíll prolly end up doing something similar but maybe with an in-line 1/4 turn valve. Since that fixed his I would assume itís in the valve and not cylinder.

Brett
Old 12-16-2017, 01:04 PM

this is an example of the hydraulic selector valve i used on my truck to lift the bed and lock it up and then continue to use the circuit to control the hydraulic auger. works great for that application. you could install one of these under the bed and when the bed is locked you could use another set of hydraulic remotes to control the boom on your sprayer or any other attachment.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:14 PM

http://www.beilerhydraulics.com/prin...valve-376.html

link to above post
Old 12-17-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
He went thru all that. I have this problem too with my sprayer or just sitting on the tailgate. Iím not huge but not tiny either at 5í10Ē and 207 lbs and thatís all it takes. Dealer will be testing the valve and cylinder when I carry it up to them. Iíll prolly end up doing something similar but maybe with an in-line 1/4 turn valve. Since that fixed his I would assume itís in the valve and not cylinder.

Brett
The valve is repairable, I checked mine today put three cases of oil at the rear and drove it around for 15 miles nothing happen. Put it in float, and it came up with one hand moved it half way and locked it and stayed put.

So if new unit make them fix or replace valve, why fiddle with an extra valve. You guys are awful nice to bad service shops.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
The valve is repairable, I checked mine today put three cases of oil at the rear and drove it around for 15 miles nothing happen. Put it in float, and it came up with one hand moved it half way and locked it and stayed put.

So if new unit make them fix or replace valve, why fiddle with an extra valve. You guys are awful nice to bad service shops.
He had the dealer go thru all that. We have been pm back and forth about this. His sprayer is considerably heavier than mine too. Iím going to give the shop a chancw to fix this but donít consider it mission critical and wonít be without my buggy for a long period of time while they screw with it. Adding a valve would be cheap insurance. Iíve already had my sprayer barely held in the bed by the strap. If something had happened to it, it wouldíve been costly.

Brett
Old 12-17-2017, 12:11 PM

We did take the unit to the dealer and they talked to Kubota. Kubota said that the hydraulics on the side by sides are not made to the specifications that would keep the bed stable in the neutral position. Believe me... we did not want to spend any more money on the unit.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:10 PM

So how much weight are you putting in the bed? Its rated for 1600# load. I can post what Shop manual says. Also pics of the valve breakdown. So to you think it weight related? Does it creep with a light load?
Old 12-17-2017, 02:44 PM

The sprayer weighs about 225 empty. The boom is behind the bed by about 14". I know that there is a lot of leverage (boom is about 75#) but there is creep with the sprayer empty. It actually gets better with the tank full. Under normal circumstances we start with the tank at 75-80 gallons because we know that were close to the weight limit of the unit. We only spray with a full tank on level and smooth fields.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Here is a movie of the unit in operation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kubota.jpg (56.7 KB, 169 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mov Today.mov (7.66 MB, 26 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 03:03 PM

Here is a side pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2563.jpg (23.2 KB, 167 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 07:57 PM

That's allot of torque from boom thats why it comes up when tank goes low.

Here's the service manuals pages on the valve and pressure check valves add a few spacer shims and raise the pressure and it should hold better.

https://postimg.org/gallery/n5bt8ips/
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 AM

After thinking about this some more I would check the adjustments, and rather than fiddle pressure I put in the electric valve. However just sitting on the tailgate should cause creep, but those large sprayers have allot of overhang. I'm going to sit on mine, That will a large overhang!
Old 12-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
After thinking about this some more I would check the adjustments, and rather than fiddle pressure I put in the electric valve. However just sitting on the tailgate should cause creep, but those large sprayers have allot of overhang. I'm going to sit on mine, That will a large overhang!
I weigh about 207 when I sit on the tailgate itíll creep after several minutes. The higher it goes, the faster it raises. That was my primary concern since that shouldnít be happening. Then added the sprayer and it did it again, boom on and it was constant. Had to leave water in the tank which I donít want to have to do.

Iíll update when I go to the dealer

Brett
Old 12-19-2017, 09:07 PM

Location: Northport Wa/ property in BC with a elevation of 1490 ft to 2500 feet, with Mts behind that hit 6000
Lee1935 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamibob View Post
We did take the unit to the dealer and they talked to Kubota. Kubota said that the hydraulics on the side by sides are not made to the specifications that would keep the bed stable in the neutral position. Believe me... we did not want to spend any more money on the unit.
As more and more Kubota owners are saying Kubota needs to fix all known problems or get out of the side by side business.

I bought mine new early last fall, if I had been aware of all of the mechanical problems I would have bought a Kioti at 20 percent less money :-(