2007 T2420 Power Steering pouring fluid

Tom M

I changed the hydraulic motor under the steering column thinking it would solve the power steering fluid leak on the cab floor. Restarted tractor, and power steering fluid is pouring from underneath the cab. I see that the lines/pipes are no longer available according to Messicks webpage.

I’m at a loss as to the procedure for replacing the lines IF they are leaking. I can’t tell where the fluid is coming from exactly.

Is there a hydraulic specialty company that can make the lines for me? Tractor can’t steer - loss of power steering. I’m shut down until I figure this out. Any advice us appreciated. Tom

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sure you can get new lines made. Both O'Reilly's and Tractor Supply offers hydraulic hoses.
Being it's a NH I suspect one of those or a local shop can fix you up with exactly what you need.
Use duckduckgo.com and search who "makes hydraulic hoses for tractors in my area"
Note: google could work also but I prefer duckduckgo since they don't track you.
Good luck.

Tom M

Thanks, Doc. These are hard lines - steel with rubber ends. I hope they can match fittings. Not sure why parts have to be made from Unobtanian from CNH for a relatively recent tractor. They don’t make it easy to want to purchase from the company in the future.