2013 x900 front drive shaft

tonyr

Before I begin, I just wanted to say thank you for letting me into this forum.
I don't own the bota I'm working on, just a retired heavy equipment mechanic helping out the farmers up the road from me with an issue.
I service their equipment in exchange for beef. Last summer while repairing a blown brake line, I noticed a lot of play in the cv joint where the forward coupler attaches to the pinion of the front differential. I notified the owners of the issue, and they decided to cross their fingers and hopefully get it through the growing/harvest season, then deal with it.
It made it through the season and they brought it to my garage. I removed the shaft, and decided to replace the coupler end and the pinion shaft as well.
Surprise! Kubota dealers won't sell you a coupler end and a pinion. They will sell you a complete shaft and a pinion/ringgear rebuild kit. Looking at close to 2000$ . I'm trying to save my neighbor some money, not feed the world.
My question (s) ... Can a guy find someone who knows a guy that has decent aftermarket parts? Ebay? Kubota scrapyard?
If you guys can point me in a direction, I'm thankful for it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you're helping another keep his RTV running.
A couple places to check.
Here's a thread with RTV classifieds. There's some machines being parted out right now so you may find something in here. Note - This link should take you to the most current but confirm you see 2022/2023 posts on the page.

Another thing is to try Messick's online parts to get the part #'s. You mention X900 but that same part may be used in other models (so then go back to classifieds. E.g. our classified's may say X1100 but it may contain the same parts as your X900).