2017 X1100C manual

uke

Hi, I'm a new Kubota owner. How do you get a 2017 manual? Is there much difference between 2017 and 2013 manual?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
is it the workshop manual you want? i purchased mine from a seller on ebay. my rtv is a 2014 and the manual says it is for that year so probably is important to make sure the manual you get is for your year model and serial number range. my manual is a factory workshop manual in print form.

Reactions: Doc

ohmy34

aurthuritis Can you tell me if the repair manual for a 2014 rtv x1100c covers the removal of the rear axle coming out of the transmission. does it snap out like a car cv joint or do you have to pull the cover on the side of the trans. an take the retianing clip off that way. jonathan

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't think so. but i haven't looked at the wsm either. i can look but it will be a couple of days .

ohmy34

ok thanks. i got my axles in, an they just have a c clip on the trans side. i will be tearing into it provably friday or saturday. thanks Jonathan

dlance4.0

A c clip you need to take apart the transmission, or a spring c that just needs pulled hard? I cannot get mine to move....

dlance4.0

Thank you! I struggled to get this stub axle out as my slide hammer crowfoot would not fit behind it as i have used on autos.
I tried a vise grip on the slide hammer, but it would pull off in 2 strokes. I thought about welding a bead for tyhe vise grip to catch on but wanted to salvage the axle if possible.
I ended up using an 1/8 steel cable and made 2-3 wraps around the back and used a cable clamp to keep it there as I saw some one doing on a car video, then added a second cable clamp on my slide and it cam out with a few pulls.
Now that the entire axle is pulled, I am going to try to salvage the axle as the only thing wrong is a torn ouuter boot.
I cleaned the joint and see no wearing or scaring and feels smooth, so i ordered a "universal" boot because Kubota does not offer an outter boot, but would be more than happy to sell you a new axle for almost $600 if you do all the work...
Thank you to everyone for this great info. The WSM service book is lacking....