box blade

Beerskie

Wondering if there is a box blade that you folks might suggest to be better for my Mahindra 2538. There are so many and have never used any before?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
IMHO, box blades are box blades. They're heavy and will move whatever needs done.
You're tractor is 5' wide so I'd suggest a 6'. That'll weigh around 600 pounds. Get a model with the scarifier teeth for if/when you want to dig instead of scrape.
They're pretty pricy now so I'd look for used.

Amarillo

What work are you wanting to use the box blade for? You may want to consider a land planer instead.

Beerskie

IMHO, box blades are box blades. They're heavy and will move whatever needs done.
You're tractor is 5' wide so I'd suggest a 6'. That'll weigh around 600 pounds. Get a model with the scarifier teeth for if/when you want to dig instead of scrape.
They're pretty pricy now so I'd look for used.
Well that kinda was what I was thinking, but never having used one no knowledge. Thanks for your imput

Beerskie

What work are you wanting to use the box blade for? You may want to consider a land planer instead.
Well I planed on using to scrape down some knolls, and to fix a couple of my driveways. I've looked online at a land planer, but have no more knowledge on them or box blades

Amarillo

Well I planed on using to scrape down some knolls, and to fix a couple of my driveways. I've looked online at a land planer, but have no more knowledge on them or box blades
I have a box blade but wish I would have got a land planer instead. I only use mine to resurface our crushed asphalt driveway.

Beerskie

I have a box blade but wish I would have got a land planer instead. I only use mine to resurface our crushed asphalt driveway.
So, if you were o now get the land plane which would be you preference?