Having problems

Holtz81

I have a new holland t1510 and I am having an issue. Starts up just fine, can start pto just fine, but as soon as I put it into high, medium or low the engine will shut off think it maybe could be a safety switch but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll pile on and say to start with the seat switch.
One other thing, when you put it in gear and release the brake, if your emergency brake is still on, it may also shut it down.

Holtz81

Brake is off, seat switch was bypassed years ago. And it will go in 1st 2nd and 3rd but high med and low it dies. Someone told me fuel filter but it starts up and runs fine. Thanks for advice.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doesn't sound like fuel. Pretty sure it's electrical.
If it's not the seat switch, it's probably another safety switch, fuse or the wiring. Have you checked all fuses?
Do you have a manual? Preferably the shop manual but the owners manual may help.
I'd start by finding out what you can in a category about "safe operation circuit". If you can get the schematic on that area, it should show what switches, fuses and wires come into play.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Found this but it's kind of hard to read.

New_Holland_T1510_T1520_Service_Manual_2019-02-18_13-17-39.png

ItBmine

I agree it's a safety switch.

Also I'm not familiar with that specific model, but I was talking to a guy at a tractor parade I just attended and he had a 2008/09? Boomer 50 horse and he had similar issues and that model has a bunch of electronic modules in it which surprised me. Said he has had two fail in it's life.